When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

day & date wheels on the breitling Bentley GT

db1

I was wondering if on genuine Bentley GT, the date & day fonts and colors are same as what comes in the A7750 rep?

i believe it isnt correct font and color, ive seen gen pics with all-black fonts, but on the other hands on breitling-source some expert said there were gunuine GT's with the red colors fonts like in the rep..

what about font shapes? same as gen ?

is it possible to swap the date & day wheels of the A7750 to genuine ETA wheels? will it solve this flaw to look as per gen?

db1 :]

Edited by db1

The gens are all dark maroon, sometimes in pictures they look black, but they are not.

The reps are all bright red.

This is a very known and widely discussed flaw with most all the Bentley reps and one of the reasons they are not one of the most accurate reps, white rehault too wide, lack of AR, non-functioning inner moving bezel, recessed date wheel, poor lume, etc...

If you want a $8K watch you will have to spend more than $250-300 apparantly. :D

I am likely going to swap move day/date wheels to ETA, this would make them black so they will not be accurate but personally I think this would be better than the bright red on the rep.

When I am done I will post some pics, also going to be doing a relume with C1 color which to me looks closer to gen and swapping movement to Swiss 7750, which hopefully will help the recessed date wheel.

You cannot buy maroon date wheels so either stick with the bright red or go for the ETA black.

Cheers,

M

I was wondering if on genuine Bentley GT, the date & day fonts and colors are same as what comes in the A7750 rep?

i believe it isnt correct font and color, ive seen gen pics with all-black fonts, but on the other hands on breitling-source some expert said there were gunuine GT's with the red colors fonts like in the rep..

what about font shapes? same as gen ?

is it possible to swap the date & day wheels of the A7750 to genuine ETA wheels? will it solve this flaw to look as per gen?

db1 :]

hey,

thanks for your tips!

sounds great, i believe black fonts will be much closer to gen though, the question is what about font shapes? will the ETA fonts will be as per gen?

yeah sounds good, if you can have the crystal double ARed, having a close to perfect date and day wheels.. i believe it would be as accurate as it can be to a gen :)

i hope to see your photos when completed

i have heared the most visible flaw with the GT is the lack of AR..

BTW: i ended up ordering a GT from a local dealer here in israel, i will pay an extra $100 but oh well.. at least i can get the headache of customs out of my head, he will take care of that..

i already thought, after recieving my GT and all ok, sending it for double AR job at one of the good AR people on rwg..

i have seen 2 members doing AR work and photos are looking great!

my concern though, is being afraid of receiving a faulty watch after the AR job, i mean., they need to remove the movement and etc.. and put it all back perfectly, keeping everything clean and crisp, would they be able to recieve my watch and do the whole job? including removing the crystal from the watch, removing shitty "light" AR off the crystal.. and putting it %100 perfect in place after AR job is completed ?

i would like to know as much as possible, and even though i read alot on this here.. i would like to get more tips from anybody who have had experience with AR jobs on his watch

thank :)

db

Font

Breitling has it's own font so it will not match ETA, but it doesn;t match the current rep either.

Lello makes Breitling datewheels which look great but would not work with this watch, reat for the BCE though.

Even a well modded rep will never be a Gen, so make sure you know that before you purchase anything.

AR

Both cheiftang and jacob offer different options.

Each require some customs risk on your behalf though if you have to send the whole watch.

You can of course send them just the removed crystal, but If you don't want you are doing, and don't have a local watchsmith to assist you may want to send the whole watch.

Popping the crystal out is not rocket science but you have to take apart the watch.

No real worries about it being different after aslong as you don't do something stupid like bend a hand or mess up the movement. This watch likely is not waterproof, so a sealed gasket if that is your concern should likelynot be an issue.

You can push out the crystal from the backside with your thumb and some pressure.

Don't believe thereis any way to get it out without opening it up through the back.

The bezel is not removable, so don't even try, screws are for show only.

With cheif: many people send their entire watch to The Zigmeister who does the disassembly and reassembly.

The Zigmeister is widely respected asone of the best in the business I would rather have him take apart my watch than any of the dealers that sell the watch.

The Zigmeister is in Canada, Cheif is in the US but that doesn't really matter to you if dealing with The Zigmeister.

Believe you would pay them each seperately.

With Jacob, he offers this service in house with the AR coat.

He says it is done by a professional watchsmith and I would have no reason to doubt him.

Many people have sent the whole watch.

Jacob is in Poland.

All told you are probably looking in the $100 USD ballpark either way maybe more with shipping.

Problem is the waiting, you may be without your watch for 2 months and that is if you make the list.

I would recommend, wearing it as is for a while first until you buy your 2nd rep ; then send it out and wear the 2nd rep.

That is how the game starts and there is no real end.

Cheers,

M

damn!

thanks man!

great list of information :)

i checked some stuff about c#stoms here.. thats the [censored], pretty risky, hate them!

could i get a GT sapphire from one of the dealers ?

it could be easier to send that to AR run, and then let a watchsmith press it in place of the original sapphire. this way passing the risk of c#stoms.

ive heard the the EVO are one of the most precise reps of the breitling chronos, with very little flaw.

about the bezel rehaut: yeah i have seen some gens on ebay (rare to see "real" gens that are not knockoffs sold as gens on the bay lol) and on the gen its much thinner then on the rep, but still the rep is great!

i believe it only lacks good double AR to be one of the best breitling reps, that also made me wonder why does the factories dont figure this out and do AR to this watch, like the great double AR on the EVOs.

Edited by db1