When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submersible advice needed - 087 etc

PAMman

I'm wondering if anyone has bought a Submersible from any of our 'dealers' recently and whether there has been any revised versions available. The 087 has been getting my attention but I'm not sure which version is currently available and which movement is being used now. Queries to different dealers is resulting in mixed messages that can't all be correct.

Any recent experience would be very helpful. Thanks.

In short, beyond the fixing of the markers on the second run I am not aware of any other improvements.

I own the first generation and even went to the trouble to straighten the 8 and 10 markers, relume to tritium color and swapped date wheel but I still don't wear it. The biggest issues I have are whether the dial color is correct relative to the first or second blue used over the years. It seems and the operative word is "seems" to be some weird color between the two actual dial colors but I have not seen a gen to compare. The next issues on both it and the 243 are the crown which looks very different from the gen. and their not being a fix to the sub-par magnification on the cyclops crystal combo. Not trying to sell mine just warning you. I know you are a discerning collector. ;) If someone says they have made a better one please let us know. I would be very excited if someone updated the dial and/or improved magnification:)

I have bought a 087 "La bomba" rep recently from Chronology1066 (thanks Les for a wonderful deal!) on RC.

I believe its from the first batch but it was modded by Mark (Finepics).

Actually I was told it was his watch. Again, his work on the dial is quite impressive!

As you all know I only have eyes for vintage watches and to own a contemporary it must be very simple like the regular Luminors or Radiomirs. No chronos or other extra functions.

I shot on this one thinking I would regret later but in fact I am hooked to it!!!

My overall impression on the watch is very positive.

However its a bit heavy and bulkier than the regular 44mm models. Feels like a 47mm on the wrist and a double weight.

If you are looking for an elbow dislocation you should go definitelly for this one.

The dial blue is similar in tone to the gen but the later have a kind of mettalic reflex as far as I remember.

best,

M.