When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Domed Crystal for Speedmaster Moonwatch

munsterh

It seems that nobody in the forum has yet replaced the most annoying flaw in the new speedmaster moonwatches: the flat/slightly domed sapphire crystal for a domed (plastic) crystal as the original has.

My understanding is that Ofrei.com is offering all kind of sizes and shapes for plastic crystals. It should be possible to order the right one which fits, but....

"It you have an illegal fake counterfeit watch contact the importer for replacement crystals don't forget the authorities also want to contact the importer and perhaps even you. Crystal replacement is like any science, profession, art or trade of any kind it takes time to learn along with real effort and money to invest in materials and education. Many mistakes and failures are made until one is able to get it done right (well at least most of the time) if you are just looking to replace only the one crystal on your watch, then you should see a professional or a least a serious hobbyist who is willing to spend the bucks and time need to learn this craft and skill of replacing watch crystals." - quote from the ofrei.com page

I have no idea how to find the right crystal on there page. Has anyone experience with replacing crystals in general and can advice how to select the right crystal? There are probably easy rules how to select the size but how to find the right shape and style ???? :huh::huh::(

The Zigmeister - I know you have been increasingly busy - any thoughts for the speedmaster moonwatch community???