When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just recieved my HBB; movement question...

ericw

So I just recieved my double AR HBB (brushed ss bezel version) w/ the asian 7750 and I have a question...

The rotor seems to almost feels loose when moving the wrist (the noise is not uniform if that makes any sense at all...). It also feels like it scrapes the sides a little bit (more than my 3717 at least).

Also the rotor seems to "stick" in one place and needs a slight jolt (very very slight but gravity alone wont do it) to get it moving aorund again.

Is this common for these or is this an issue with my rotor not being tight enough etc (I assume the rotor is custom made for this 7750 specifically)?

BEAUTIFUL watch though! Sorry, no pictures while at work, but will try to get some tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it is binding on something... maybe the rotor is not attached properly (tilted) OR one of the movement clips/screws is setting high?

It seems like the screw in the middle of the rotor is a bit loose. When I turn the watch upside down I see that the rotor moves a bit up/down. Is this as easy as unscrewing the back and screwing in the rotor screw; if so how tight? I'm new to watch repair so any suggestions are welcome. I don't mind having to bring it in send it somewhere as I'm inexperienced. Thanks

I would unscrew the back, take the rotor off carefully, and make sure there isn't anything underneath it keeping it from being fastened tightly (like a metal shaving), check for obvious places where it had rubbed... then if all is well and there are no other obvious issues, carefully place the rotor back on, screw it down firmly (not too hard), clean up the case back, blow it out quickly with a bulb, screw the caseback back on.

Wear white gloves or finger cots while handling your parts...