When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oh no. Another Nodate Submariner Question

predfan2001

In a post like week regarding 5512/5513s, someone mentioned that Silix had an asian powered 5512. I looked and all I saw was the no cg style with a 5512ish dial.

One thing I did see is a asian 14060 nodate. It is far from accurate (no lugholes and sel band as usual) but as far as I can tell the dial looks pretty good. It doesn't look like the typical crappy dial in most of the 14060s out now with the bad Oyster Perpetual fonts like the one Trustytime sent me last year that I immediately returned. I have seen another 14060 rep that has hour markers that are too big. They look like LV markers.

Just wondering if anybody has one of the asian Silix 14060s? Anybody know of any other "fair" 14060 reps. with a pretty good dial. It sure would be nice to find a good 14060 dial that would fit in a Noob case.

Edited by predfan2001

No, I don't have a 14060 from Silix.

But I have done business with him for some years. The Rolex end of it has been very interesting and very frustrating.

It has been a crapshoot. If you go to the Silix website and look up the ROL227 you see a nice vintage GMT Master with a riveted bracelet. Very cool.

I ordered it a couple of months ago and got the watch with a current oyster bracelet. I stated in my order that I really wanted that riveted bracelet. I really did.

When I complained to Jay he said that it was 12 euros more and didn't I know that?

I didn't know that then and I don't know it now. I just know what happened to me.

Your mileage may vary.

Carl