When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM253 Automatic Power Reserve

mseanschmidt

Does anyone know how long the power reserve is on a PAM253 rep with the Asia 7750 movement? My PAM253 has been running fine.

Let me know if I handle this correctly?

When I put on the watch in the morning around 7am I give it 20-25 winds. I wear the watch all day and take off around 10pm or 11pm. The next morning go through the same process. It has never stopped or run slow.

However, on Friday I took off my watch around 5pm and didn't put back on until 11am Saturday morning and it said 3 o'clock but seconds were still running.

I wound it 20-25 times and gave it a good 1-2 minute shake. everything is fine and keeping good time.

Any ideas? I thought the power reserve was 24-48 hours?

Should I wind more throughout the day? HELP.....?

Well MSean,

Autos do not need to wind, as you mentioned in your process, just shake it a bit so it gets running enough before you wear it, adjust the time and off you go.

On the other hand, it seems that your movement could be misadjust, dry (as in no oil in it), or probably the winding gears might be stuck or broken. In any of this case, take it to your watchsmith for an inspection.

Ultimatly, ask The Zigmeister for help.

Cheers!

Should I wind more throughout the day? HELP.....?

Last week there was a thread about manual winding automatic movements (www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=66792&st=0&p=395045&#entry395045).

It is strongly advised not to do this, since it can eventually damage the click wheel. Only when the movement has completely stopped running you can give it some gentle winds until it starts running again. Then stop manual winding and either wear it on your wrist or put it on an automatic winder.

Maybe the seconds just started back up when you picked it up, otherwise sounds like a problem.

But personally I have a bunch of A7750 and only get about 10-15 hours power reserve out of them, so

that I think is what you can expect.

Even a Swiss 7750 Gen I have only gets about 24 hours.

Other experiences may vary, butI think the numbers above are average and 48 hours would be unusual.

Other auto movements and manual wind movements may have much more power reserve than the7750 varieties.

Cheers,

M

Okay, I think everything is okay. Basically what I'm hearing is that as long as you can get the seconds to start by a shake or two you are okay. If the watch stops or slows after 10 hours on the counter that is normal and I should just re-set the time and give it a good shake. Then, under NO circumstances should you ever wind the watch???? Is there a situation when you should and it wouldn't hurt the movement?

Forgive all my NEWBIE questions. Just want to find out what is normal and what I need to do with an automatic movement.

Thanks for the help!

Okay, I think everything is okay. Basically what I'm hearing is that as long as you can get the seconds to start by a shake or two you are okay. If the watch stops or slows after 10 hours on the counter that is normal and I should just re-set the time and give it a good shake. Then, under NO circumstances should you ever wind the watch???? Is there a situation when you should and it wouldn't hurt the movement?

Forgive all my NEWBIE questions. Just want to find out what is normal and what I need to do with an automatic movement.

Thanks for the help!

As everyone else stated, you should not wind them. Please do take it to your nearest watchsmith for a quick look at the movement.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

SSS is right, no good movement, be it an asian or swiss, is in its right condition if it only lasts 10 hours.