When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navi World recessed datewheel on a modified 7750

Breitlingfan

I have searched the form to see if there is a solution to address this problem and it appears that there is not. However, there is a member that removed the GMT gears and thus solved the recessed datewheel problem.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...navitimer+world

My question is this: If you remove the ability to adjust the GMT hand via the crown, but left the hand attached (just fixed to +8hrs for example), would this also solve the recessed datewheel issue? Or do you need to remove all of the GMT related gears?

Thanks for your input.

Kevin

I'm all for accuracy, but I am much more in favor of function over form. I would much rather have a watch that functions identically to the gen but with some visual flaws, than a more visually accurate watch with a faux GMT. Just my two cents.

My question is this: If you remove the ability to adjust the GMT hand via the crown, but left the hand attached (just fixed to +8hrs for example), would this also solve the recessed datewheel issue? Or do you need to remove all of the GMT related gears?

The GMT modified 7750 has not only more gears, but a different shaped top plate than a normal 7750. The only way your going to get the recessed datewheel fixed, is to install a non-GMT top plate on the movement. Once you do this, there will be a thickness difference between the GMT and non GMT movement (the new movement will be thinner) and your stem is not going to line up with the case hole...how much of a difference and is it going to be a problem, don't know.

As well, everything else goes out of alignment, case spacer ring, etc...you can't change one item, without affecting many more...there are always gives and takes when you start modifying parts.

RG

The GMT modified 7750 has not only more gears, but a different shaped top plate than a normal 7750. The only way your going to get the recessed datewheel fixed, is to install a non-GMT top plate on the movement. Once you do this, there will be a thickness difference between the GMT and non GMT movement (the new movement will be thinner) and your stem is not going to line up with the case hole...how much of a difference and is it going to be a problem, don't know.

As well, everything else goes out of alignment, case spacer ring, etc...you can't change one item, without affecting many more...there are always gives and takes when you start modifying parts.

RG

Looks like there is no easy way around the datewheel issue then. Thanks for the info The Zigmeister.