When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graham lever fix?

bdf

I was thinking maybe a dab of silicon either on the lever where it meets the button or in the pivot.

Just dont know.

Also, anyone figure out what size the hexes are in the lever? I have TONS of them but none fit.

Do you think if we can get the hex out, you could put a tiny piece of felt or a rubber o-ring or somthing on it? I was hoping to get the hex out so I could tighten it up somehow.

But hey its a sweet piece for sure.

After wearing the Graham CF for a while it would feel like you really don't want that lever to be locked tight .. as in rests on part of your forearm

a little looseness is more comfortable .. believe it or not .. but as I stated earlier that is not a plain allen bolt, it appears to be a star allen so the regular allens won't fit.. they will actually damage you bolt.. if you are intent on getting it really tight .. as i stated in the thread that samurai linked.. go to the craft store and you can get what is tiny round confetti (they are made of aluminium) that has holes in them and use that as a shim,.. they have it in all colours ..placed on the underside of the lever inbetween the bolt and the arm it secures the lever tightly.. i did it but found that it was too tight and when my arm moved .. well i rather have a little play in it.. when I actually wear it.....that's just my preference though..

I actually have a pair of vice grip needle nose with tape over the jaws and they have been in them for a few minutes now, it helped a little but its not like it should be, I bought the right tools to take the hexes out but they wont budge.

I actually have a pair of vice grip needle nose with tape over the jaws and they have been in them for a few minutes now, it helped a little but its not like it should be, I bought the right tools to take the hexes out but they wont budge.

liquid wrench....ACE hardware...remember tension not torque when working these bolts..

BTW.... the withe dial looks much better in person..

Live Strong and Wear it Well

i actually didnt tighten any of the bolts...i just put a towel over the circle part (so i didnt scratch)....and clamped down with pliers.

simple fix...no wobble anymore. ;)

Same here but if what you want is a "locked lever" then some shims in the arms will do it.. it was too tight for me that way as the lever rest on part of the forearm.. rather have a small bit of play in it.. I used a piece of a cotton shirt between the pliers too.. imagination counts for a lot in this hobby :lol:

It seems in every hobby of mine from motorcycle racing to watches, I use my degree in engineering from the univerdity of Africa.

I used a zip lock bag so I could see where I was clamping. I messed with it too much and got it to be better, but also scratched the lever a bit, not really noticeable unless you look for it. considering getting a gen lever, anyone thought of that? I can't get my hex nuts apart though.

It seems in every hobby of mine from motorcycle racing to watches, I use my degree in engineering from the university of Africa.

I used a zip lock bag so I could see where I was clamping. I messed with it too much and got it to be better, but also scratched the lever a bit, not really noticeable unless you look for it. considering getting a gen lever, anyone thought of that? I can't get my hex nuts apart though.

Well .. I myself attended the "University of Waikiki" ..the best classes were from 12 am to 4 am at last call ... that's when it turned into "Hotel Motel" time and the "flowers of night" turned into the "Weeds of Morning",... and coyote dates were normal......I'm assuming everyone knows what a "coyote date" is ?

I did finally get my degree in Human Anatomy.. specialized in the female gender .. I then went on to obtain my Masters Degree in the many Labs around town... some call them "Strip Clubs" .. this name is for the less "sophisticated" -_- ....and more perverse of our culture :whistling:

It took many hours at the "meat rack" to study for my finals .. endless hours of toil .. but in the end it was all worth it .. you know, your degree weather you ever use it or not is something no one can ever take away from you... B)

and I still have trouble screwing hex nuts.. "not that there's anything wrong with that.." :lol::lol::lol: ...... B)

Well .. I myself attended the "University of Waikiki" ..the best classes were from 12 am to 4 am at last call ... that's when it turned into "Hotel Motel" time and the "flowers of night" turned into the "Weeds of Morning",... and coyote dates were normal......I'm assuming everyone knows what a "coyote date" is ?

I did finally get my degree in Human Anatomy.. specialized in the female gender .. I then went on to obtain my Masters Degree in the many Labs around town... some call them "Strip Clubs" .. this name is for the less "sophisticated" -_- ....and more perverse of our culture :whistling:

It took many hours at the "meat rack" to study for my finals .. endless hours of toil .. but in the end it was all worth it .. you know, your degree weather you ever use it or not is something no one can ever take away from you... B)

and I still have trouble screwing hex nuts.. "not that there's anything wrong with that.." :lol::lol::lol: ...... B)

:lol::lol::lol: hillarious........