When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lighten up... take it easy...

fendushi

This topic have probably been brought up before... I think we need to be reminded from time to time. :D

Are your reps really worth stressing about?

Do you have reps that are not perfect?

"The case is 0.00009 microns off!"

"The CG 0.00000089999 microns off!"

"$hit... there's a scratch on the bracelet!"

"F@CK!! It's +1 sec a day! I'm sending it off to The Zigmeister!!!"

"D@mm1tt!! The color of my lume is different than the gen... it's supposed to be lime green, not apple green!"

"Why doesn't my chrono reset like my Swatch? It's more fun to watch!!"

"Just look at the distortion of my Fiddy glass... it looks nothing like the genuine!!"

"My Breitling logo on the dial is 0.00000456 microns off to the left!!"

"The bezel is misaligned!!! Son of a b1tch!!!"

"The font on the date is off... it 0.00001 microns too skinny!!"

"The date is misaligned!!!"

"Look at that pearl... JUST LOOK AT IT!!!!"

"AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!"

Is it really worth stressing? I feel exhausted writing & reading the complaints above... like most of you, I have been guilty of some... if not all of them.

Why stress? Take it easy...

Instead of stressing... take a different approach. Here's an example:

I have a Tag Link rep with A7750 that is -1 minute a day... I can't find a watchmaker locally that could fix the problem, and like some... I never open my watches. Did I stress about it at first? Of course I did! I wanted to throw that thing out my window. But I learned to lighten up....

I really like that Tag and wanted to wear it. So I thought, "1 minute a day... so what?"

What I do is, I set the watch 5 minutes fast... so I would re-adjust every 5 days and always know that the watch will always be fast so I'm not late for anything. Some of you might think once every 5 days is a chore... but don't you wind your manual Pannies daily or EVERTIME you wear them? Turns out I don't wear the watch longer than 2 days at a time anyway. So why did I stress in the first place?

For those of you that can fix or mod your own piece... I salute you. But if I were able to fix and mod my piece... I would be never satisfied and stress out that a sub-dial is not perfectly round like the gen.

Enjoy your piece... you paid for them, so have fun wearing them.

99% of the population are not like us... I can guarantee, they don't even know what a CG is.

Remember the 10 seconds rule... most of the watches offered here will pass with flying colors.

And if you do get called out... "Is it? How do you know?" If you don't hear the words crown, subdial, CG or crystal... take the watch off and let the sucker feel it. Like 99 out of 100 people I've done this to... will hand the watch back with a look on their face, the look of "$hit, I was wrong."

And you'll have a smile on your face... :D

B)

I definitely agree with you. One thing that bugs me on my MBK Nautilus is how the datewheel doesn't quite end where the date aperture is cut out on the right hand side. It's a tiny teeny little space in between and under just the right light you can just see a little bit of the Nautilus' innards. (Go pick yours up right now and check... I'll wait...

see it? I know. annoying right?)

Eventually you just have to follow the right pattern of reasoning:

99% of people have no idea what kind of watch you wear.

Of the 1% of people who recognize your watch, about 5% actually care.

Of those 5%, 99.99% are clueless about the specific design details of the watch you wear.

Thus, unless you run into the person who is in charge of overseeing quality control of jumbo Nautilusses at the Patek Philippe factory, you're safe. Same goes for everything else, really.

Edited by Corgi

I agree with both of you 110%!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I know I bought a REP and I accept it as what it's about......sh@t, if you want it perfect then buy a GEN! If it's close enough, then great, if not, then don't buy it. I don't get the point of spending more money on a rep to get it as close to the gen as possible. By the end of the day, its still a rep! The same thing as servicing and ARs and lumes.....just don't get it! As you said, 90% or more of the population don't know crap from GEn.......Just my personal opinion....not to flame the anal types!!! :lol:

I have friends, co-workers, acquaintances who are professionals, you name it...and none of them had called out my reps yet.......I save my modding money and buy GENs if I wanna feel real!

Just me.......