When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Questions

Race1

Hey Guys

For a while I've wanted to get a nice replica Tag Heuer. At first I only looked at exactreplicas.com and replicahause.com But to be honest they arent very good in my eyes. (Markings are wrong and they look like the plating finish is poor) From finding and reading this site, I've now found "Perfect Clones" which I gather is run by a board user "Joshua" who resides in China. I see he has good feedback and his site has high quality looking watches.

So to get to my question. What are the risks both finanicaly and legally from buying from him and importing to the United Kingdom. I can tolerate a bit of VAT (sales tax) but I don't want to loose a few hundred GP

Josh is a well respected seller, with a very good after sales behaviour and an excellent service. He will not dissappoint you. If the rep is seized by customs (happens almost never) Josh will send a replacement. Have fun with the rep hobby.

Josh is a well respected seller, with a very good after sales behaviour and an excellent service. He will not dissappoint you. If the rep is seized by customs (happens almost never) Josh will send a replacement. Have fun with the rep hobby.

I'm trying to remember, but I believe I got my Tag Heuer Link Chrono from andrew at TrustyTime rather than Jos (another frequent dealer for me), but only because I wanted the correct grey dial/polished bezel combo. Other than that specific model (which he may have now) I use either "with confidence"

Thanks for the speedy replies guys.

I looked at Trusty Time's site and the watch (Aquaracer Day Date) looks exactly the same as on Perfect Clones site. Indeed the whole site looks very similar. Even down to the prices and setup. :unsure:

I guess you pays your money and takes your choice, as both have good feedback. Any idea as to the legal side of things. Accepting what "onzenuub" says about it almost never happening. If a watch is seized, should I pay up to receive it or have it returned to sender and then get PC or TT to resend it?

(Sorry for all the questions - May I suggest that there is a thread started by the Admin here with FAQ's :) )

Hi Race 1 and welcome to RWG ! Have a look at this thread - it gives some good information when starting out in the crazy world of rep collecting ! http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=488 :lol:

Fireman to the rescue, great link.

You're absolutely right Ozenuub, I have kept this post in my favourites - Great info for noobs ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You're absolutely right Ozenuub, I have kept this post in my favourites - Great info for noobs ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for the link mate. Interesting reading. :1a:

However, its now made me more nervous. Particularly with regards to the line

The Chrono's with Asian 7750 movements are a bit of a lottery, you will probably be OK but don't expect 100% reliability. You may or may not get it.

Did some searching and both the Aquaracer Chrono Day Date and my second choice Carrera Chrono Racing both use the A7750 movement. (Valjoux 28800 BPH version) People talk about putting in genuine Swiss 7750 movements but that bumps a sub $300 watch to nearer $800! Which kind of defeats the point to me. I'm not expecting accuracy like on a genuine Tag. Im not even planning on using any of the special functions if thats likely to kill it. But Id like to be confident its going to last 2-3 years, not lose more than a minute or so a week, and not go so wrong as to become an expensive bangle. Which going from reports on here seems unlikely. :unsure:

Too many questions. Sorry :(

I personally have never had a problem with an Asian 7750 and I haven't had mine serviced (yet). I've owned about 14 of them and since I haven't had problems, I'd say go for it. EuroTimez (a new dealer on the board) is also offering a 6 month warranty on all his watches so that might be worth looking into...