When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Quartz Chronograph

dlgates

(These are old photo reviews rescued from the original RWG site; I didn't want them to get lost forever! Old hands will already have seen them; some newbies might be interested.-- Dave)

IWC Quartz Chronograph

Received 7 December 2004 from Kingwatch

SS; Diameter 43mm mm; working stopwatch

The nearest equivalent to this replica is the Portuguese Model 3714, which is 40.9mm in comparison with 43mm for the replica, and the original is automatic:

71193-32573.jpg

This watch was included in my very first purchase from Ms. King late last year, at the same time I acquired her Omega Railmaster before she quit selling them. I knew the colour and size were different from any of the actual Portuguese models but had wanted a Portuguese, liked the big size of this one, and also did not mind having a quartz movement in order to have a functioning chronograph, although this one is only accurate to 1 second, while the subdial at 12 o'clock counts the minutes. The 6 o'clock subdial is for running seconds.

The slightly greenish cast to the dial colour is accurate in terms of the pictures if not for the original, but it is much paler than the photographs would suggest. I just happened to wear this watch today and decided to snap a quick series of pictures to add to the gallery during my afternoon break.

71193-32574.jpg

71193-32575.jpg

71193-32576.jpg

71193-32577.jpg

71193-32578.jpg

71193-32579.jpg

71193-32580.jpg

71193-32581.jpg

--------------------

THE END

Thanks for looking!