When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jaeger-lecoultre Master Moon

dlgates

(These are old photo reviews rescued from the original RWG site; I didn't want them to get lost forever! Old hands will already have seen them; some newbies might be interested.-- Dave)

Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Moon

Received 19th April 2005 from Jos Nana

SS; diameter 39 mm excluding crown; day, month, date, jour et nuit (wheel), military time

(Photos are large and stored on my server to save Blade's space. Definitely not for dial-up users!)

The authentic watch is pictured here and carries a suggested retail price of $5,900 USD for the SS version with leather strap. The authentic strap is curved-end.

71197-32534.jpg

This is the correct case back (but pictured from the gold edition):

71197-32535.jpg

And to start the show, Joshua's lovely replica version:

71197-32536.jpg

Cosmetic flaws include the following: (1) The logo, name, and day and month windows are all positioned higher (towards 12 o'clock) than on the original, and the day and month windows are also too close together. (2) the subdial has that red hand that seems to pervade the replica world for no good reason. As near as I can tell, the subdial hand on the authentic watch is dark blue, to go with the dark blue of the night sky, and also extends behind its post. (3) The case back, as can be seen below, does not really replicate the authentic watch at all. (4) The 24-hour subdial hand should actually be running seconds. The authentic watch does not have the central, sweeping seconds hand.

In addition, the case of the authentic watch is smaller, measuring 37mm instead of 39mm.

I will hasten to say that none of the above detracts from my opinion that this is a very beautiful watch, belonging to the "classics".

71197-32537.jpg

71197-32538.jpg

71197-32539.jpg

A very handsome watch in every regard...

71197-32540.jpg

71197-32541.jpg

71197-32542.jpg

71197-32543.jpg

Finally, on the wrist...

71197-32544.jpg

THE END

Thanks for looking!