When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jaeger Lecoultre Master Réserve De Marche

dlgates

(These are old photo reviews rescued from the original RWG site; I didn't want them to get lost forever! Old hands will already have seen them; some newbies might be interested.-- Dave)

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Réserve de Marche

Received 29th March 2005 from Kingwatch

SS; diameter 40 mm

The Jaeger LeCoultre Master Reserve De Marché (Power Reserve) is available in three flavours:

71200-32520.jpg71200-32521.jpg71200-32522.jpg

The JL-003 received from Kingwatch is a very accurate replica of the SS version, as you can see through comparison with the following pictures. The crown appears to be very slightly shorter than on the genuine, but it's hard to tell from the relatively poor pictures just above (some of these commercial sites badly need a Neil!). Also the markers at 10 and 3...

71200-32523.jpg

71200-32524.jpg

I ordered this watch on 23 March, it was shipped on 25 March, and it arrived at my door on 29 March, 2005--what I considered a remarkably fast journey. It went through customs in San Francisco, and the package had no evidence of having been opened.

The only major flaw is the display case back: the genuine watch should bear the gold Master Control seal with watch model and serial number. The back is correctly attached with four small screws. As is quite usual, I was unable to find a picture anywhere of the genuine caseback for direct comparison.

71200-32525.jpg

71200-32526.jpg

71200-32527.jpg

All in all, a relatively simple and elegant watch, enhanced by a working power reserve (supposedly in the 38-40-hour range).

71200-32528.jpg

71200-32529.jpg

Basking in the sunshine...

71200-32530.jpg

71200-32531.jpg

71200-32532.jpg

And finally, on the wrist...

71200-32533.jpg

THE END

Thanks for looking!

Dave

Dave-

Great to see you bringing back the reviews. You're reviews caused me to buy more than one rep. This JLC in white and stainless is one. Paint the tip of the second hand black, lume and polish the case and it is one of the closest reps around. On the wrist that is. :) And the myota movement is fabulous as well.

Nice review on a nice watch.

just want to add it's "reserve de marche" and not "reserve de marché"

Actually it's "Réserve de Marche" and the acute accent had been misplaced.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the review ! The reserve de marche seems to be the most accurate of JLC reps, although not expensive.

As far as I could see the watch is sold with a brown leather strap. A strap upgrade to a black aligators one might be a good idea (even if it is as expensive as the watch itself)

This is going to be one of my next purchase

Here we go with a total confusion now:

I found this pic on a "serious" dealer web site (http://www.wwwatches.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=175&Itemid=14)

It appears a Réserve de Marche could have a display case back...

If so, then I would be happy to have your confirmation and get one from one of our dealers for sure.

Cheers

Stephane

post-4865-1170677612_thumb.jpg

post-4865-1170677620_thumb.jpg