When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss Eta Valjoux 7750 - Is This The Right One?

Question - if there was no date window issue involved would it be a simple swap over with the Asian and Swiss? or would you still have to transfer the gears?

Well yes and no - in this situation the only thing that I can think of that is a real issue is the spacer ring under the dial on the asian 7750 and the stem hole alignment. If you transfer the spacer ring to the swiss movt then the sub hand pinions would be too short so you would need to swap over the sub dial wheels from the asian to the swiss exactly as The Zigmeister's thread whether or not you have a date to worry about. So far I have swapped a swiss into my 187 but that has the date so I have had to use the asian parts in the swiss movt and of course the spacer ring so the alignment is the same. (Actually I took a redundant 7753 that has no datewheel and converted it back to a 7750 - not the easiest thing to do but at least I can make use of the movt now).

This means stripping the movt completely (which is not for the faint hearted) to make a pseudo 7753 from a 7750 using the asian transfer gears (which need to be properly pressed on with the correct tools). A 7753 would be a no go here unless you retrograde it to a 7750 which would be pointless.

This spacer ring is about 1mm thick so that is the amount the stem hole would be out if you tried a straight swap - I think!!

A 7753 would be a no go here unless you retrograde it to a 7750 which would be pointless.

Did I not say that about a page ago? :lol:

It's a real pain that these copy 7750s with the cludged subdials have made it out of the rep factories and into the open markets. They really serve no useful purpose other than replacements for their defective counterparts in rep watches that use them.

My suspicion is that these are the surplus 1st generation Asia 7750s that no-one even in the rep factories wants anymore as they have been superseded by the 28,800 model. The finish on them certainly looks poor.

Edited by r11co