When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW for Ingy

klocklind1

Now I have got the "latest batch" datewheel from Lello and mount it in my Ingy ( steel version ! ) and ALL the dates ( 1 - 31 ) is perfectly aligned ( centered in ALL directions ! ).

The dial that I had when I got the watch ( from Silix ) , had the problem with a little paint was missing on the bezel insert ( known problem ! )

But I got a new perfect one from SILIX and now it looks VERY good.

But I am woundering if I shall send the crystal to K2222 for AR coating but I am a little worried that the watch will NOT be waterproof AFTER I put back the crystal again.

Now I can go in to the sauna with it with NO problems of condensation in it ( I have put silicongrease on ALL the gaskets ! )

I have heard that You ALWAYS change crystalgasket ( that is what my watchsmith that work with genuine Rolex watches all day long says anyway ! )

when You take out the crystal !!!

Does anyone had ANY problems with the waterproofness AFTER they have taken out the crystal ( and done some AR coating on it ! ) ?

I am expecting a DW from Lello today hopefully. AR maked this watch, it realy does, i would highly recomend it. you can sent the complete case to K2222 and he will get the crystal out and back in. Any chance of a couple of photos of yours with the DW?

I would say there is always a risk of losing the water tight seal after removing and reinstalling a crystal when reusing the same compression ring. How high is the risk? I don't know, but I do notice that some rings are a little deformed after removing the crystal. Maybe it's that they weren't in perfect shape in the first place coming from the factory because sometimes it looks like when the crystal was originally installed, it actually crushed the compression ring rather than seating properly inside it. And the best fix for that is a new ring, but we don't really have spares lying around.

I think the best thing to remember at all times is that these things are just reps. :)

I would say there is always a risk of losing the water tight seal after removing and reinstalling a crystal when reusing the same compression ring. How high is the risk? I don't know, but I do notice that some rings are a little deformed after removing the crystal. Maybe it's that they weren't in perfect shape in the first place coming from the factory because sometimes it looks like when the crystal was originally installed, it actually crushed the compression ring rather than seating properly inside it. And the best fix for that is a new ring, but we don't really have spares lying around.

I think the best thing to remember at all times is that these things are just reps. :)

Thanks for that very onest answer!

I have seen pictures of the Omega Planet ocean that got scratches in the AR coating (see link below !) !

http://rolexreferencepage.com/SDPO/sd%20vs%20po.html

Do You know WHAT things that will scratch the AR ( Your coating ! ) coating ?

Is it possible to get spare crystalgaskets for any replica ?

Thanks for that very onest answer!

I have seen pictures of the Omega Planet ocean that got scratches in the AR coating (see link below !) !

http://rolexreferencepage.com/SDPO/sd%20vs%20po.html

Do You know WHAT things that will scratch the AR ( Your coating ! ) coating ?

Is it possible to get spare crystalgaskets for any replica ?

Well, one member did do a torture test of my coating. You can read about it here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=399606