When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster 007 Movement

fatmcb1

I am going to purchase a couple of reps from Andrew in the next few days, and it will be my 1st experience purchasing a replica. In fact, the nicest watch that I have owned up until this point is a Fossil!!

I intend to purchase a Seamaster 007. My question is whether or not it is worth the extra $120 to go from an Asian Auto 21J to a Swiss ETA 2824-2. My concern is not how refined the movement is, because I probably will not be able to tell much of a difference. Instead, my concern is more focused around reliability.

Any other help/advice for a newb would be greatly appreciate. Thanks!

Bugger no one's replied to this one yet ;)

if you are concerned with longevity - swiss is a better route to go. This does not mean that if you get it that it will be more reliable as flukes of nature do happen. What it means though that if something WERE to happen, you can get it addressed at any watchsmith.

Asian parts are, from what i heard, difficult to source. most watchsmiths would probably be more familiar with swiss movements and have available to replace swiss parts.

If you get an asian movement and it dies, the likely route you would have to go is source a whole new movement (since they are cheap, but finding spares would be hard) and having a watch smith replace the busted one with the new one. While with the swiss, u can get it serviced without question.

which 007 special edition bond are you going with? the new or old one?

Edited by crick0234

I bought one from WBK and I love it. It cost under $100 shipped from the USA to the USA.

Not sure if he is a dealer here on this forum, but his reputation is outstanding. When he gets these they sell out quick.

I like the watch so much that I have decided that when it croaks I'm going to try to find myself a nice used real one.

or the chrono version maybe?

So I guess you can't really go too wrong which ever way you choose.

An ETA and Saphire would be nice but for under $100 the asian mineral glass version from WBK is awesome too.

The down side is that the reps bracelet, while nice looking, doesn't come close to the feel of the gen.

Another reason why I choose the cheap Asian version.

I bought one from WBK and I love it. It cost under $100 shipped from the USA to the USA.

Not sure if he is a dealer here on this forum, but his reputation is outstanding. When he gets these they sell out quick.

I like the watch so much that I have decided that when it croaks I'm going to try to find myself a nice used real one.

or the chrono version maybe?

So I guess you can't really go too wrong which ever way you choose.

An ETA and Saphire would be nice but for under $100 the asian mineral glass version from WBK is awesome too.

The down side is that the reps bracelet, while nice looking, doesn't come close to the feel of the gen.

Another reason why I choose the cheap Asian version.

yes even the ETA one's bracelet is meh :(

• 2 weeks later...