When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Arktos on New Strap

Geeeyejo

Just picked up this Arktos today. Nice, heavy rep - pretty accurate from what I have seen - Came on the rubber strap (cheaper one without the deployment buckle) - Not a bad deal though for $70 on the street - As soon as I got home I had to make a change. Put together this exotic number - Black Elephant hide lined with Tan Ostrich. This is my 5th strap creation. Rugged skins that match the nature of this watch - what do you think?

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

Edited by Geeeyejo

Awsome! Love that case back engraving! Enjoy!

Thanks - any other Arktos fans out there? Really happy with this movement so far - have not removed the caseback and not sure if it is 21J or a 7750. The movement hacks, autowinds very smoothly and so far is keeping great time... Like the domed engraved caseback as well - really adds some thickness to this model!

Love the look !!! I actually swapped my caseback with one that has the correct Officine Panerai font. I also had mine Super Lumed with the exact Lume to Gen where the hands are more white and the markers got the correct pale green. My guy even did the iner tiny little indicies dots. Also had the seals greased and pressure tested to 100 m. Cost about $150.00 and over a months wait to have the Lume and seals done from Everest Watch Works (sorry The Zigmeister I wanted your magic but you were not taking work ;)) . I tightened my lever the old fashioned way with care and a pair of needlenose pliers, while it locks up good and tight now it still has that annoying tiny gap where it doesn't sit quite flush with the case. I've had mine on steel but when I first bought it a picked up a gen gator strap with contrasting white stiching. It certainly is a real tank!!! But I decided to put it up for sale or trade. Not sure why but as cool as it is just doesn't sing to me and I don't wear it. If anyones curious you can check out pics in the Members trade area including the (I feel) improved caseback. If a trade or right offer for it doesn't come along that I like I think I'll keep it and mod it out a little more. V has excellent replacement crown guards available but he is not sure if the lever will sync up with the Crown correctly. The Double AR is good but I think it's more blue tint than actual AR and either the Chief's or K's AR would look quite sweet !!! I would be thrilled if someone comes up with a way to snug up the bezel a little better. Christ now you have me excited maybe I'll end up keeping it. It is a flat out cool watch especially with the lume.

arktos1.bmp