When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how's the swiss ETA gmt master II from silix?

db1

Hi,

i look for quite awhile for a swiss ETA rolex GMT Master II rep (pepsi bezel), found one all SS from silix for $220 with the nickel plated 25j ETA movement.

i'm kind of interested in this specific rep, what do you think about it? in form of accuracy, finish, movement, and overall quality?

i already have a bentley gt rep, but i look for a less blingy daily wear rep, with less complicated movement (for relaibility) and thought a non-chrono would be good, and i really like the gmt master.

what do you think of it as a daily watch? which will need to stand about 14hours or day wearing, everyday, anywhere any time, i mean the swiss ETA version of course

any input would be great

Nickel movement is really really nice, but there are many evident flaws on silix's GMTII:

• horrible conical case rehaut
  • date window too big
  • mag on crystal far to the right
  • GMT hand not so accurate
  • not perfect CGs...

IMHO the best way regarding GMTII is to contact bklm1234, he offers GMTII "noob version" from $300 to $400 range with great case rehaut with some custom mods (trimmed CG's, improved bezel and inserts...).

Otherwise, Trustytime & Perfectclones's GMTII "retro edition" looks nice too.

Anyway, read this, please: By-Thor's Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Complete Buying Guide

GMTII is really a beautiful and comfortable wath to wear as a daily beater, good choice and good taste.

Regards

hey, thanks for the info!

i just had a look on trusty time's gmt master two ETA, this one don't have a nickel plated movement, but..

what is different in his version then silix's? sorry for being sound like a noob, cause according to rolex reps- i am a noob :)

thanks for the paitence