When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New guy here!

Hi!

I used to fall for the goreplicas DOT com and the other spawned sites from the same vendor and actually thought that 750 to 1000 was a good bargain. I am glad that after all these months that I have found this site and not purchased anything from those scammers. I do have many questions and have used the search button. My budget is 300 to 500 dollars and I want a Rolex that is the closest to the exact thing as possible. I have 1 Rolex but I dont like to wear it at all. I just saw two that caught my eye from TrustyWatchGuy

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...5f9ff4c9a8f7437

RDJ0003 - Rolex DateJust Black Arabic Numerals SS - Swiss ETA

$218.00

MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA 2836-2 Automatic

CASE DIAMETER: 36mm

THICKNESS: 11.5mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with Arabic Numerals

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316L (Jubilee Bracelet)

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Solid caseback with Rolex hologram

BEZEL: Fluted

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Rolesor Clasp

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00

GMT HAND:

OTHER REMARKS:

Water Resistant

Special Custom Order available also - Please email us

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...5f9ff4c9a8f7437

RDJ0007 - DateJust Men 14K TT Blue Diamond - Swiss ETA

$248.00

MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA 2836-2 Automatic

CASE DIAMETER: 36mm

THICKNESS: 11.5mm

DIAL COLOR: Blue Dial with Diamond Markers

CASE MATERIAL: 14K Gold Wrapped (10 mils) on Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: 14K Gold Wrapped (10 mils) on Solid Stainless Steel 316L

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Solid caseback with Rolex hologram

BEZEL: Fluted

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Rolesor Clasp

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00

GMT HAND:

OTHER REMARKS:

Water Resistant

If you want to do a custom order, please email us with a picture of the Datejust or DayDate you want. Thank you!

Regarding the first one, I have never seen a rolex watch that looked like that, but I do like its look. I just googled Datejust and I couldnt find that watch anywhere. As for the second one, I have been wanting one like that for some time. Here are my questions if any one can answer this.

1. Does Andrews watches include serial number?

2. How is the 2.5x magnification?

3. Waterproof option is a scam?

4. Anything else that I missed, how accurate are his watches?

5. How reputable is Andrew? Ive read nothing but good things (except one regarding waterproof). Can you recommend anyone that has a better reputation than this guy?

Im still looking over this site as it has a lot of information and great members. If anyone can help me, thanks!

Welcome aboard. You've come to the right place for info. Stick around...do the reading, and contribute back by posting what you've learned.

All the watches by any of the vendors here will, for the most part, have a serial number. The serial number on the Rollie DJs will likely be the same for all the models based on what factory the case came from.

The DJ date mag is not bad...pretty close.

Waterproofing is generally been seen as a scam...not worth paying extra for. When you receive the watch...you can try tightening the case back, or re-greasing the caseback gasket yourself and tightening it as best as possible, and doing the same for the crown and you should be fine. Most watches don't leak at these points nor the crystal, but at the chrono pushers which the DJs have none.

DJs are generally considered accurate. Andrew is a trusty watch guy. :D

There are so many DJ dial variations out there, I don't think anyone could really call you out on the dial design. The TT option may have premature wear off of the gold depending on how you wear your watches. Everyday wear may show after as little as 3 months some have reported...while others have reported occasional usage has left watches with gold looking good after years.

Fake diamonds will lake the brilliance of gen diamonds and will be easier to be called out on as fake.

Good luck.

Thanks Toad, youve pretty much solidified my thoughts on those issues.

So the first one, RDJ0003 - Rolex DateJust Black Arabic Numerals SS - Swiss ETA, actually exists with that blue wrist band? I really like that one, but just wanted to know if it really existed or if they just made it like that.

Hope to contribute back to these forums as well. From what Ive read, these watches can take weeks (andrew in particular) to be received?

Edited by MimiSars