When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Canadian watch repairmen

newf

Hi, Folks,

Any watch repairmen in Canada besides The Zigmeister - I presume he is back logged by not accepting PMs until some time in April?

Did a real stupid thing - used a pin to release the crown and stem - and of course the keyless works went for a dump - now need it repaired.

Looked at the great keyless works tutorial and figure it is just beyond me at this time.

Hi, Folks,

Any watch repairmen in Canada besides The Zigmeister - I presume he is back logged by not accepting PMs until some time in April?

Did a real stupid thing - used a pin to release the crown and stem - and of course the keyless works went for a dump - now need it repaired.

Looked at the great keyless works tutorial and figure it is just beyond me at this time.

Maybe you might give me a shot.

I'm in the US and will fix it for you. Depending on where you are, it may not take long to have it shipped to NY, USA and I have a fast turnaround time; in most cases I take less than a week (I do this as a side business).

PM me if you can't find it local. At least it's better than waiting until April for The Zigmeister and being turned down by "rep-unfriendly" watchsmiths.

Hi, Guys,

I spent most of this morning looking through the Yellow pages and located a local watchmaker who will work on repros - in fact, owns a couple himself.

Gave him my DayDate to fix the keyless works and clean at the same time.

Will let you know the results in a week or so - I'm still waiting for a proper crown for this watch - seems as if it was broken off where it attaches to the stem when I got it back from China where I had sent it for dealer repairs - never did find the crown among the packaging.

This is a Rolex YG stick face with the proper VIII at the 8 o'clock position that I ordered in October - delivered with the second hand fallen off - returned it and then it came back with the broken crown.

Beautiful watch but I haven't worn it as much as 5 minutes yet.

Hopefully this gent will get me on the right road.

I'm learning that in this hobby Patience is indeed a virtue - either that or spend a year in watch repair school yourself.

Newf

I spent most of this morning looking through the Yellow pages and located a local watchmaker who will work on repros - in fact, owns a couple himself.

I'm learning that in this hobby Patience is indeed a virtue - either that or spend a year in watch repair school yourself.

Yup...that's the deal. There is patience in waiting for responses from collectors/dealers...waiting for tracking numbers to show the shipment was made...waiting for tracking updates on the EMS website...waiting for customs clearing...waiting for the postal folks...waiting for response from the dealer on quality control problems with the watch...waiting for the watch to make it back to China for repairs/replacement...waiting for the new shipment...blah blah blah.

In Canada, in Toronto in fact...the servicing king is Rob aka The Zigmeister aka The Zigmeisterzumba. As with all good contractors...there is a wait list for his services...usually 2 months, and then a month for the servicing before you get the watch back. But, as with all the good contractors, that's because their services are in demand.

If you want something more immediately, it can be found, but will likely not be as good.

At least we don't have the same problems of customs seizures and legal problems like in Europe!!

waiting for responses from collectors/dealers...waiting for tracking numbers to show the shipment was made...waiting for tracking updates on the EMS website...waiting for customs clearing...waiting for the postal folks...

Oh god please stop, that's torture ! :lol:

I'm from Quebec/Canada, and in my town there is only one guy that do this and he is a complete idiot. So all my work goes to The Zigmeister.. Wish I would have a local watchsmith for small jobs. Guess I will try to learn myself ;)

• 1 month later...