When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement swap in my PAM251

20Babies

Based on others success with the earlier series Daylights (Search for Kruzer's post), It could be done but you will need to source a 7753 layout dial from one of the dealers as the datewheel cutout is in a slightly different location...

You may also need to check out the movement spacer because they come in two types - one with shorter chrono pusher stem and built-in extenders (which you can't get out) and the other which requires longer stems in lieu of the extender. Finally, although I have never had it happen to me you would want to confirm that the date set pusher on the side of the case is functional. Usually it is and it is blocked off by a lack of a hole in the 7750 movement spacer.

Based on my limited knowledge just by viewing the watch:

(1) the date window is b/w 4 and 5

(2) not sure how to see the movement spacer

(3) the date set pusher at 10 is functional (can be depressed, but date does not change)

Where do I get a Swiss7753?

Thx in advance!

You may also need to check out the movement spacer because they come in two types - one with shorter chrono pusher stem and built-in extenders (which you can't get out) and the other which requires longer stems in lieu of the extender. Finally, although I have never had it happen to me you would want to confirm that the date set pusher on the side of the case is functional. Usually it is and it is blocked off by a lack of a hole in the 7750 movement spacer.

The date window on both 7753 and A7750 versions are between 4 and 5 but they are different sizes and not in the exact same place so you will need a new dial. On everything else it will require some disassembly. Not to discourage you but if you still need to source a movement you will have to wait and see how much you can get one for. 7753's can be difficult to obtain and can cost hundreds of dollars.

You could also let the A7750 being completely serviced. (cleaning, oiling, adjusting) Some experts say that after doing that, then there is not much difference with the Swiss in terms of accuracy, durability, etc.

On this forum there are experts who also service A7750's.