When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

expensive ? There's worse ...

pivaro

My brother , on vacation in Turkey , sent me a message a few days ago about a little watchstore he found .

All reps and the best quality he ever saw .

Now , my brother is not the most knowledgeable guy in the world , concerning reps that is .....

So i put him to the test and asked him to look for a few models and sent me some pics .

I included a few models for him to ask for , the porsche flatsix was one of them .

To my surprise the next day he sent the photo's and yes , some were the good stuff we are used to here , including the porsche design .

I must admit , i never expected that .

So i asked him again to ask for some prices and he did .

The porsche flatsix was 900 euro , that's approx. 1400 $ . WTF .

Now everybody knows one comes a long way with a little bargaining , but to no avail .

Not a penny less , if he wanted that watch .

My brother , in the meantime , got hooked on the porsche so much he considered bying it , overwhelmed by the quality .

He's the proud owner of a few gens so he's not that easy to impress .

Anyway , i guess , what i'm trying to say is this : okay , prices may have gone through the roof the last year but if you see what they charge out on the street for our superreps , that's a whole different ballgame .

PS I ordered my brother one porsche flatsix already .

P.

No difficulty with customs at all getting stock into Turkey

99% of which is overpriced rubbish sold to unwitting tourists by knowledgeless rogues

The occasional guy with enough savvy to have got himself a few decent reps to sell naturally charges 'like the light brigade' as we say.

I just came back from Mexico where I have seen many crappy rolex. They were selling them for about 1500 pesos (~$140us) and more.. The kind of crap you get for $30 from Silix (and he make money out of it)

Sadly, nothing good quality there :(

Edited by vric

I must admit that I was bitten by the Rep bug while in Mexico. I found what I thought was a 'High-end' Rep dealer. He had Chopard, Porsche, Breitling, etc. (not just the Rolexes that you see everywhere). I purchased 2 watches for $300usd (Breitling and Porsche). Now that I've become educated (mainly because of this forum), I can see that I WAY over-paid. Vric is right, I could have bought the same watches from Silix for much less. Education is power!

I believe most replica chronographs on the street are either fake "calendar" subdials disguised as a chrono or just quartz... a dead giveaway.

I can imagine someone charging that amount locally; especially considering how oblivious most people are about watches and how many can be hooked with fancy talk and clever marketing ploys...