When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai article in Mens vouge

Coeuss

Funny that article must be almost 3 years old now. That article was in the very first men's vogue which I bought on a flight home just for the hell of it. I had never heard of Panerai before that article, but that it what got me into the brand. After reading the article and seeing how much the watches were, I started looking for reps. My favorite at the time and still is the 1950 which was going for under $8k at the time. Forward 3 years later and that watch is worth what $25k. Funny that I had always wondered later on where that article was and here you posted it for me. Now that I have a knowledge of the brand i'll have to re-read it and see if it is accurate.

Panerai is the watch that might have changed the outcome of World War II

are you f..g kidding me? that statement is disrespectful to millions of people who died to make that victory happen.

you know what changed the outcome of the WWII? people like pavlov who defended single house for 60 (!) days during battle of stalingrad, germans could not get him. people like Lydia Litvyak female fighter pilot who died at the age of 22 with 12 airplane kills. people like Alexander Matrosov who was only 19 when he blocked the machine-gun with his own body, to allow his unit to advance and eventually save many lives.. there were 11000 of such examples on the russian side only, some of them were awarded twice. totally russians lost ~20mil people... (11army,9civilians)

americans (who btw consider themselves winners of WW2) lost 500K people and had given out ~400 medals of honor during whole 5 years of war...

panerai was nothing more than just a watch on the wrists of not so important italian navy.

vogue makes me sick.

Edited by mil_sub

are you f..g kidding me? that statement is disrespectful to millions of people who died to make that victory happen.

you know what changed the outcome of the WWII? people like pavlov who defended single house for 60 (!) days during battle of stalingrad, germans could not get him. people like Lydia Litvyak female fighter pilot who died at the age of 22 with 12 airplane kills. people like Alexander Matrosov who was only 19 when he blocked the machine-gun with his own body, to allow his unit to advance and eventually save many lives.. there were 11000 of such examples on the russian side only, some of them were awarded twice. totally russians lost ~20mil people... (11army,9civilians)

americans (who btw consider themselves winners of WW2) lost 500K people and had given out ~400 medals of honor during whole 5 years of war...

panerai was nothing more than just a watch on the wrists of not so important italian navy.

vogue makes me sick.

Yeah I did a bit of a double-take myself; I guess if the mighty Italian Navy had to wear a different watch Hitler might have prevailed?

To be fair, the U.S. wasn't exactly being invaded, and you can't quite decide who "won" on how many were killed or awarded medals. That said, Russia absolutely proved itself a land of heroes in that conflict.

"Men's Vogue" is an oxymoron, no?

im curious, tell me what they taught you in the history class in middle/high school? Who won WWII?

Yeah I did a bit of a double-take myself; I guess if the mighty Italian Navy had to wear a different watch Hitler might have prevailed?

To be fair, the U.S. wasn't exactly being invaded, and you can't quite decide who "won" on how many were killed or awarded medals. That said, Russia absolutely proved itself a land of heroes in that conflict.

"Men's Vogue" is an oxymoron, no?

im curious, tell me what they taught you in the history class in middle/high school? Who won WWII?

Umm, the Allies?

You could play "what if" all day with the countless variables of the war, the fact is I'm glad we will never know what would have happened if the U.S. had stayed out of the war any longer; OR if the Russians did not defend their cities to the last.

And no, my history teacher did not tell me that the American cowboys stormed in while everyone was hiding under the covers, kicked Hitler in the nuts and took his wallet, slept with everyone's girlfriends and sisters, then rode off into the sunset like John Wayne.