When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pams with eta movements

leeson43

looking at buying a watch possibly in parts to make a custom (possibly fantasy?) pam. got a few questions and hoping i could get some info/advice. im only thinking about the watch itself at the minute as ill be going for a better then stock leather strap and a rubber one.

im wanting to go with a titanium 44mm case with a solid case back and a sandwich dial 117h maybe?(not totally clued up on pam models). possibly with sub dial @ 9. i want to have an eta automatic movement in it but im open to persuasion on the pros/cons of this against others. also if possible would like it to be waterproofed to a level where i can swim in the pool/sea...also open to hear any comments on this? im not in the market for a jaw dropping rep for tons of $$$ but want something that looks nice, is solid and will serve me well as a decent daily beater.

richard.

EDIT:on a side note...are the rep Ti cases real titanium?

cheers again

Edited by leeson43

A little confusing here - so you are looking for a titanium cased PAM. Beyond the 89 gmt (and a few others that maybe escaping me) I think most ti pieces are handwinds (36, 118, 177, etc.) and readily available. But when you go into the historic/sandwich dial you are going to end up with a clear caseback. On the automatics the most common ti's would probably be the 89 GMT and 25 Subs. They are both automatics and will have the typical date and cylops issues. When you start talking about Fantasy watches the world is your oyster and I would suggest picking a base watch and starting from there.