When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Slevin on SS or Montblanc TW

rhelbling

Guys,

I have narrowed my next watch search to one of these 2 reps. Which one would you buy? Who would you buy it from? Anyone have either one of these and have any comments to sway me one way or the other? Please help!! Post pics and help a brotha out!!!! Thanks I really look forward to your responses.

Bling

IMHO the MBTW is one of the most underrated overlooked reps. The automatic is practically flawless out of the box.

DSC03367.jpg

The chrono is very nice too, save the recessed date

DSC02441.jpg

Slevin is good but needs AR. MBTW should have AR but it's not noticeable due to the sliver dial. I think you'll be happy either way.

Those are two totally different beasts. It all depends (I think) on what else you have in your collection. The Slevin is a great watch, but is significantly sportier than the MBW. The Montblanc is dressier, and has more "bling" factor I think as it is a brand that has more general recognition due to big name represention and a fashion presence (Nicholas Cage on posters, MB bags, pens, accesories, etc).

IWC I liken to the sophisticate's brand...for people who know watches, they will think "nice", but for the general population, they will have no idea what an IWC is, but they will definitely think "oooh...Montblanc...classy" even though the watch costs less than the IWC. IWC does watches...that's it.

If in doubt...get both.

That's my opinion at least.