When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750 functions

Palmetto

I just purchased a replica with a fast beat Asian 7750. I'm hoping you

guys can tell me how to set the time, date, use chrono functions, etc.

It is a day/date model.

I'm a little hesitant to just start playing with it because I know these movements

can be delicate. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

If it's a screw crown, unscrew it by rotating the crown counter-clockwise.

Once the crown is loose, give it a good 40-50 turn clockwise to wind it and shake it just a bit to start it. (Look at the subdial at 9, the second hand is there)

If you pull the crown one notch, you will be able to set the date, but don't start with that.

Pull the crown completely and start adjusting the time. Make a full 12h turn and notice when the date is changing. This will tell you your 24h. Adjust the time correctly (try to always go clockwise if possible).

Once the time is set, put back the crown one notch to set the date. NEVER EVER set the date between 22h and 2h (10PM / 2AM) or you will damage the movement. Clockwise you set the date and c-clockwise the day.

Once the date is set, put back the crown and screw it (if needed) Wear it well.

As for the chrono. Start with the button at 3, STOP with the same button (always stop, don't try the reset button before) then reset with the one at 5. If possible, try to reset when the second hand is near the 60 marker. Not needed, but prevent hand from slipping

Edited by vric