When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dw Subdial Hand

bertieng

The 6 o'clock subdial hand on my DW 6265 fell off after a hit today. Maybe caused from improper fixing when I transferred the dial onto the vj23 movt. Can any experience members inform what is the correct way of fixing this hand on the dial without getting all the glue smeared onto the dial face?

Thanks.

Guest avitt

I've done this successfully a couple of times. I used GS Hypo Cement. I placed a small drop of glue on a sheet of paper. Then, holding the hand from the sides with tweezers, I carefully touched the back side of the hand to the drop of glue (you only need a small amount, so a very light touch will do). Then place the hand into position (try to get it as precise as possible...you can make small adjustments to the position, but you don't want to move it too much, and leave glue on the dial).

I've done this successfully a couple of times. I used GS Hypo Cement. I placed a small drop of glue on a sheet of paper. Then, holding the hand from the sides with tweezers, I carefully touched the back side of the hand to the drop of glue (you only need a small amount, so a very light touch will do). Then place the hand into position (try to get it as precise as possible...you can make small adjustments to the position, but you don't want to move it too much, and leave glue on the dial).

The entire back of the hand, or just the stem part that goes in the little hole? (Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't taken a close look at the subdial hands on my kit - those have stems don't they?)

Guest avitt

I glue the back of the hand. When you think about it, there's really nothing to glue the tube onto (it's just hovering over the hole in the dial). I've been able to leave the tube intact on the hands that I've worked with...they don't protrude too far through the dial to cause a problem.

I glue the back of the hand. When you think about it, there's really nothing to glue the tube onto (it's just hovering over the hole in the dial). I've been able to leave the tube intact on the hands that I've worked with...they don't protrude too far through the dial to cause a problem.

How about applying the glue on the underside of the dial where the tube protrudes? Will this work better? I think my shaky hand will not help me just to get a very small amout of glue onto the underside of the hand. :huh: