When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my new IWC gst doesn't work

parocarillo

I just got my GST with the new asian 7750V and I can't get it to run for more than 5 minutes. The seller says to wind it up for it's power reserve, thaen smack it against my palm for it to start. This works, but only for a short while. Winding it up longer does not help. Has any one else had this problem, and is there a trick to getting it to work? THANKS!

Zephyr

when you slowly and gently wind it clockwise can you here it clicking (winding)? If not it could be the winding gear is stripped. If you do here it winding then you have a more serious problem with the movement. The other safe way you could attempt to wind it is by putting the face vertical and rotating the watch clockwise slowly as many times as you can. This will wind it via the rotor. Good luck.

when you slowly and gently wind it clockwise can you here it clicking (winding)? If not it could be the winding gear is stripped. If you do here it winding then you have a more serious problem with the movement. The other safe way you could attempt to wind it is by putting the face vertical and rotating the watch clockwise slowly as many times as you can. This will wind it via the rotor. Good luck.

I can feel clicking if I wind it counterclockwise, but not clockwise. So, your probably right IRT it being the winding gear.