When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm new, where, what ?

Hi Lads,

A total newbie in the Reps World.

Well... Had a REAL rep sub (which was sold to me as being a genuine one...) for three years. The one issue was that it doesn't look real, the wristband end bits were hollow ,the magnifier useless, the pearl fell off, the rehaut inexistant, the dial not in line with the hour marking, ... All in all, a bad rep.

I was thinking of replacing that one with a new Rep but I have several questions:

- I'm in the UK and I was wondering if the purchase of reps are safe in terms of law and regulations and customs.

- I found some internet websites and I was wondering if they are really safe (without scammers)

- I wanted to know where you can get the best sea dweller Rep and Submariner LV Rep?

I do not have a budget for the mo, but I would like one which is 100% functional and reliable as well as an accurate genuine look.

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Cheerio

Welcome aboard!

The best advise I can give you is not to rush anything. This forum has a wealth of useful information. Study all you can about the watch of your desire. The search function will get you on your way.

There have been a big thread about the legality of reps by Pugwash including a lot of UK specific info.

Narikaa, Precious Time and Homer are safe to order from. They ship within the EU, so no c*stom hassles. Don't use sellers that are not on this forum.

And please upgrade to Supporter status once you've found out how useful this forum is. It will also give you the opportunity to resell your own watches to other board members and get you access to the more technical forums.

Enjoy!

Hi Lads,

A total newbie in the Reps World.

Well... Had a REAL rep sub (which was sold to me as being a genuine one...) for three years. The one issue was that it doesn't look real, the wristband end bits were hollow ,the magnifier useless, the pearl fell off, the rehaut inexistant, the dial not in line with the hour marking, ... All in all, a bad rep.

I was thinking of replacing that one with a new Rep but I have several questions:

- I'm in the UK and I was wondering if the purchase of reps are safe in terms of law and regulations and customs.

- I found some internet websites and I was wondering if they are really safe (without scammers)

- I wanted to know where you can get the best sea dweller Rep and Submariner LV Rep?

I do not have a budget for the mo, but I would like one which is 100% functional and reliable as well as an accurate genuine look.

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Cheerio

First and foremost.. .WELCOME! I'm sure you'll find this website a great resource in your quest to the ulitmate REP! Secondly, in addressing all of your questions.. it would be most advantageous of you to use the search feature in the right hand corner of your screen. All of the points you inquired about have been discussed a great deal about the past. Your answers lie in your dedication to reading what's already here!... p.s. never ask again.. "who has the best sub?" .. after some research you'll see why this question annoys most...

I'm new here too and like most newbies had the same question (except I'm in the US). Of course, I'm used to online forums and used the good old search function. I only used it long enough to know WHICH sub is best, I''m sure with another few hours I'll know much more (where to buy from for example). One thing I did know for certain was NOT to ask this question! :p