When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you know the Seiko Diver Black Bullet ?

AMK000

Hi guys ,

I baught few day ago a new Seiko Divers 200m name "Black Bullet".

The official name is:

SEIKO SKXA53K1 200m Automatic Diver.

Here is a link:

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tre...98110&rid=0

The watch is an automatic one with Caliber 7S26 (21 Jewels). Stainless steel case. Water Resistant 200 meters. Uni-directional bezel. Screw in crown. Approximate case width: 43mm and case thickness: 13mm. lugs width: 22mm.

Has no hacking function.

Do you know this watch ??

The problem I have is that the watch (when winded, 100 turns aprox) and while not at wrist , its power reserve does not exceed the 10 to 12 hours.

I was expecting this watchg to go up to 40 hours.

I have also noticed

I've never heard of it referred to as a "black bullet" before, but it's commonly referred to as the SKX****. It's a very good diver watch and the 7S26 is a bullet proof movement. I think there might be something wrong with the movement from your description. With the cost of servicing so high it might just be better to buy a new movement and replace it. Good luck.

Oh, if you search, you'll find loads of stuff on this watch. There's a cult following for this watch and it's well loved.

You have an excellent watch. The 7s26

movement is not hand windable. It does

have a bidirectional rotor to make up

for it though. Wear it a couple of days

and you should be good. I have had my Seiko

orange Monster for almost 2 years. It

is very durable and runs -12 secs a day.

Not too shabby. Enjoy.

You have an excellent watch. The 7s26

movement is not hand windable. It does

have a bidirectional rotor to make up

for it though.

@swisstyme: Do you mean that you cannnot achive full power (like an eta movemnt) by manually winding the watch

i have had literally dozens of watches with the seiko 7S movements, and have the new 6R series movement diver :)

the explanation given by seiko for the lack of a hand wind option on the 7S movements was that the "magic lever" winding system is so efficient that hand winding is not needed. and with the warnings from The Zigmeister (and some of the watchmakers on the seiko citizen forum) about the dangers of hand winding automatic movements is seems to make sense to me.

the thing i do find interesting about all the seiko 6XXX and 7S movements is that they tend to run fast when not fully wound? i read an explanation from a watchmaker once for the reasons behind that, but just didn't know enough to understand it :rolleyes:

@ AMK

you should have noticed that it was not windable when you did not encounter any resistence when winding. Many of the Seikos do have have winding mechanism. Glad we got it sorted out :)

Yes , I thought that too .... though I am getting the same resistance (almost none) on my 2893-2 movements and since I didn't knew the 7S26 movement