When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some LV help from the experts

archibald

Don't know if it's the green bezel or novelty value of wearing a Rolex again after years of mostly PAMs and Mullers, but my new LV has been goed to my wrist since I got it thanks to Dave_NYC.

As Dave mentioned in his sales thread this old school MBW has a different bezel from most MBW's I've seen--seems to be cut very crisp and at least to my eye sits more like gen than most. Also looks like the CG have been done. Otherwise it's stock MBW.

Anyway, I have a gen dial, various DW's/overlays, and a noob LV on the way, but beeing a total rolex noob myself I ought to confirm what I think needs done before I go ruining a gorgeous watch.

--Probably definitely want to use the noob bracelt and clasp--endlinks too?

--any further work need to be done on the guards?

--I hear the gen dial is not a great fit w/ MBW case--better to try the gen dial or is the noob close enough that I should save myself the trouble and just throw it in instead?

--Can I do better than the pearl/insert w/ an aftermarket version?

--I have OEM crystal crown and tube--it is worth the $100 labor to have them put on?

--Date font OK for a (I guess because there are no case holes ) 2005 or newer LV?

Thanks in advance, my brothers, and of course I will do a full pic spread when this is done.

post-53-1208748928_thumb.jpg

post-53-1208748947_thumb.jpg

post-53-1208748962_thumb.jpg

post-53-1208748994_thumb.jpg