When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you guys think?

xocomaox

I've been reading reviews, looking at watches etc. this past week. I don't own a rep or gen watch yet, but I'm considering buying one.

The two I like most is the Rolex Sea Dweller and the Omega Seamaster Pro. I don't really want to get the rolex simply because of the name. People are just going to know it's a fake. But that's not really what this post is about.

The Seamaster Professional is nice, but I don't really like it in blue. I prefer the black face and bezel. But I did some research and found that the black face version has different hour markers and a crazy-big lettering bezel. I don't like it as much as the blue face version. So then i found this little beauty:

f_omes0241m_4b8884b.jpg

It's just like the blue one, but with black face and without that terrible-looking bezel insert. Perfect!The question is, did they make a gen like this? I tried looking for one and was unsuccessful. Just wanted to know if this will be a good choice considering it might not be a "real" watch.

Your opinions, thoughts?

(pic shamelessly stolen from SilixPrime.

The website shows current models, not ones maybe made in the past.

That said - I have a gen black face SMP. When I bought it there was only that model available - big bezel numebrs, sword hands, larger hour indices etc.

I don't think Omega ever made a Bond SMP type in black, although there was a thread that they may do so now in a special edition version.

Anyone know better???

Here is their website, you can check it out.

http://www.omega.ch/

i've actually had the gen and the the rep blue SMP and got rid of both. i like my modded old factory black SMP better than either one.

i like the look of that one quite a bit!

don't worry too much over being called out by anyone but a true WIS. i had an idiot try and call me out at my local coffee shop one day in an attempt to impress his date. he was wearing a big square chrome plated brass guartz fossil and asked me about my watch. then said "when i get one i'm going to get the real one. the blue one".

so i asked what made him think mine was not real? and he said "everyone knows they only come in blue".

while they watched i opened the omega page on my laptop to the 2254.50.00 SMP ^_^

next time i saw them i was wearing a modded davidsen 5218-201a and the girlfriend said it was really cool and that he should get one of those... and asked what they cost ;)

I've been reading reviews, looking at watches etc. this past week. I don't own a rep or gen watch yet, but I'm considering buying one.

The two I like most is the Rolex Sea Dweller and the Omega Seamaster Pro. I don't really want to get the rolex simply because of the name. People are just going to know it's a fake. But that's not really what this post is about.

The Seamaster Professional is nice, but I don't really like it in blue. I prefer the black face and bezel. But I did some research and found that the black face version has different hour markers and a crazy-big lettering bezel. I don't like it as much as the blue face version. So then i found this little beauty:

f_omes0241m_4b8884b.jpg

It's just like the blue one, but with black face and without that terrible-looking bezel insert. Perfect!The question is, did they make a gen like this? I tried looking for one and was unsuccessful. Just wanted to know if this will be a good choice considering it might not be a "real" watch.

Your opinions, thoughts?

(pic shamelessly stolen from SilixPrime.

I had the same choice. Went to the AD today and put then side by side. Surprisingly, in person the black SMP looked better to me.

If you can go to an AD and check it out in person before you order.