When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul Picot Limited Edition Plongeur C-Type

AllergyDoc

Yellow happens to be my favorite color, so when the Plongeur C-Type was released, with it's yellow band and trim, I was immediately attracted to it. But, a yellow watch? Hmmm.... I held back.

But when Hoochman and Bebenn each bought one and posted pictures and positive comments, I bit.

I'm glad I did. It's a head-turner:

picotangel.jpg

picotdial.jpg

Hooch's wrist shots really captured the texture of the dial:

march28a003c-copy.jpg

A photo tour:

picotdial2.jpg

picotside.jpg

picotpushers.jpg

picotgoggles.jpg

Here's a shot of the clasp. The one that came with the yellow band was fiddly. You could pull it open without depressing the buttons, so I swapped it for the one on the black band (I got both the yellow and the black). This one works as it should.

picotclasp.jpg

picotback.jpg

picotwrist1.jpg

picotwrist2.jpg

At 43mm it sits big on the wrist, but not too big. The band must be cut to fit. The movement seems very solid and it starts up with a few gentle shakes.

Here it is with my other new acquisition, my TT BCE:

PicotBCETTbrick.jpg

A word about the band. It was VERY heavily scented with a chemical meant to smell like vanilla. It was so strong it made me nauseas for a couple of weeks. Much better now.

Some pics of the gen. Only 500 were made. (Not including the reps. :laugh: ) About $6,000.

pp-4116gr-web.jpg

PaulPPCCHF1.JPG

Got mine from SoCalTimer for $300. Both bands. I guess he's having some growing pains as his communication was poor. I had to practially beg him to sell it to me.

nice watch. The gen is limited to 999 pieces FYI not 500 pieces. It's inaccurate on this rep.

I've seen both numbers listed, but I think people have mistaken the non-chrono version for the chrono. I think the non-chrono was a run of 999 and the chrono a 500.

http://www.fhs.jp/Newmodel/PaulPicotPlongChrno/Dec05E.htm

Not that it matters much. :D Plenty of reps available.

The ONLY watch I regularly wear from my "40% Accurate? Cool, I'll buy it!" period is the non-chrono version, which is actually pretty accurate. Yellow is great. The Le PLongeur is great. I'd buy the chrono to go with the standard but I have two reservations: possible trouble w/ the tranfer geared 7750 and the longevity of the adonized bezel. I noticed Picot makes a non PVD bezel version--anyone know how hard it is to remove rep-black?