When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can someone explain the AP offshore..

Spoooooonz

gen has running secs @ 12. the rep, of course has the secs at 9...should have a rep with secs @12 some time soon.

According to the rumor mill it already exists, and they are just finishing up the loose ends. It should be HBB level popular when it comes out.

My question is that is they sort out the seconds @ 12 issue, it would solve subdial placement; but what about subdial spacing? We know that on the gen the 12 O'clock subdial is spaced slightly lower towards the center seconds than on your average A7750.

The second one is how much thicker would this modded A7750 would be vs. the gen? Remember the Oh-so-infamous Daytona? That is uber-thicker than the gen.

Sub-dial and crown and pusher placement will be dependent on what they use as a movement. The gen uses a base movement with a chrono module directly on top of it. As a result the sub-dial layout is different (tighter would be the easiest way to describe it). As a result there is that extra mark at around 12 on many gen versions and generally more space from the outer edges of the dial. On the pushers the fact that the chrono is on top of the base movement results in the chrono pushers sitting higher on the case versus the crown. I have never seen the rep so I don't know if they tried to fake it thru cosmetics. So if they use another doctored 7750 neither of those issues will be solved. I would still buy it though. ;)

I hope they sort out the issue of the missing SWISS MADE that seems to have vanished on the latest MBW/MBK models. Seems odd that they would remove something so key to it looking like a gen. I have been looking for a good one for ages.

The cheaper versions have it, but are missing the square date window. Let's see what they come up with, maybe the new super reps will have a missing AP dial logo............ :blink:

Edited by TommyB