When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Case Replacement

i dropped my PAM029B rep a while ago and dented the edge of the case. i've read that the bezel comes off so i was wondering if jimmy fu's case would be swappable. if not how about davidsen's? anyone ever swap the case here? please help me!

I don't know about Davidsenjpn's cases, but I've been told numerous times that the cases on handwind and auto pams are identiical, and that the backs make the difference. I can't back this up w/ experience, however.

I don't know about Davidsenjpn's cases, but I've been told numerous times that the cases on handwind and auto pams are identiical, and that the backs make the difference. I can't back this up w/ experience, however.

There is one other critical difference between manual and auto cases.

The manual wind cases use two movement clamps and have two notches cut in the inside of the case.

The automatic cases use three movement clamps and have three evenly spaced notches inside of the case.

This makes it very difficult to change one into the other because the movement cannot be clamped to the case the whole thing will rattle around inside.

I know for a FACT that JimmyFu cases will not fit a 29b and cannot be made to fit!!!!! They are made for the 6498 which do not have a large second and and date window. THe cases are too shallow and the second hand smacks into the date magnifyer. no matter what you do. I spent $300 for a full case that did not work.

But I hae another project in the works for it.

Edited by speedy1