When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most Accurate DSN Model

vlydog

010D

Yes, this had a great dial.

However, the 010 aside the most accurate DSN usually isn't as accurate as normal, regular reps. They are just different and even different dimensionally when the normal rep is actually correct e.g. dial diameter, text fonts, crownguards, caseback engraving etc etc. Take a look at his latest 005 - it has a F series number when the 005 wasn't introduced until the G series. Yeah, they're different and as a result more inaccurate than the usual fare.

About the 005, besides the case-back, what else is wrong with it?

Also, Do DSN models even have correct case measurements?

I find it mind boggling that the release of new model after new model, they still cant create a CROWN or CG that resembles the OEM.

And to rant one last time... the case horn still seem rounded off to me... i still wonder why they still cant get them to look sharper?? yet another lazy flaw...

Edited by poopypants

About the 005, besides the case-back, what else is wrong with it?

Also, Do DSN models even have correct case measurements?

I find it mind boggling that the release of new model after new model, they still cant create a CROWN or CG that resembles the OEM.

And to rant one last time... the case horn still seem rounded off to me... i still wonder why they still cant get them to look sharper?? yet another lazy flaw...

Logo's too big, text's too big, numerals & hour markers too thin, crown's wrong, crownguard's wrong, caseback's poor finish and serial number pre-dates the 005 release. When you add the dodgy quality control etc and the fact that parts are not interchangable with gen / regular reps, and therefore cannot easily be upgraded, for example when V's 1:1 H series CG becomes available it won't fit DSN's case. I cannot fathom why anyone would pay a premium for this.

I am uninterested in base models, just a bit more interested in marina models, so I'll go for the hard way and give you my opinion on marina auto models.

Logo's too big, text's too big, numerals & hour markers too thin, crown's wrong, crownguard's wrong, caseback's poor finish and serial number pre-dates the 005 release. When you add the dodgy quality control etc and the fact that parts are not interchangable with gen / regular reps, and therefore cannot easily be upgraded, for example when V's 1:1 H series CG becomes available it won't fit DSN's case. I cannot fathom why anyone would pay a premium for this.

This is what i needed to hear!! thanks.

Its even better to hear that V is coming out with a CG that is claimed to be 1:1...

I guess I am going to ask the 'who has the best 005' that is mod'able? or allows the new future CG?

Thank you archibald,

would you mind sharing some of your most accurate PAMS?

Sure. A few of my favs, not in order. Of course, like any PAM, reasonable mods--lume, DW, etc) are required.

PAM 24A (needs bezel polish in addition to the usual)

PAM 27A

PAM 29B

the old PAM 183 (needs the newer engraved movement swapped for the old one)

The "cartel" logo base (will be damn near 1:1 when V's CG arrives)

PAM 036

In fairness to DSN, I should say that if his dials were drop ins into "cartel" cases, some of them would be preferable to their dials. The trouble is that since davidsen doesn't want to sell a bunch of dials only, every single one I've tried needed some work to fit, and a couple couldn't be made to fit.

I agree 100% on the "cartel" Zero, though. I wish I'd bought one when they were still available! :( V's CG and a relume and "A" fix from Ziggy and wowsers!

Me too. It's the one that got away for me. Regret never picking one up and have been looking for one for a while now :(