When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dropped my Bell & Ross BR01-92 Help!

cypher

I was winding my BR01-92 the other day and it slipped out of my hand and fell on a marble floor. The crystal and the ring came loose and the watch stopped working :( . I can wind the watch and turn the hands but cannot hear the movement. What could have gone wrong with it? Can it be fixed?

I was thinking about taking it to a local jeweler and getting it fixed, but the couple of watch stores I went to refused to work on it as they did not know how to open it. How do I go about doing this? I was able to remove the four screws on the from and the stem but did not know how to proceed from there.

Also since the crastal is out anyway I was going to get it AR'd both sides. Which color AR is most accurate and how do I but the crystal back in so it becomes water resistant again like before. This watch was my daily beater and I rally miss it! Please help!!

Edited by cypher

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an expert (by any means), but I'll do my best to help you.

I have a B&R 03-92 that I've taken apart many times and I assume the disassembly procedure is the same for you're 01-92.

First, lay out a towel, you don't want to loose any of your little screws.

Next, remove the Tiny screw on the back (it says 'do not unscrew'), this will give you access to the crown release button (not the technical term, I'm sure). Push on the crown release button and you'll be able to pull out the crown/stem.

Once the crown (and stem) are out you can remove the front face of the watch. Carefully unscrew the 4 screws on the front. Once the screws are removed, the face of the watch simply lifts off (there's an o-ring in there too, so don't loose that). At this point, the entire movement/dial can be removed from the watch. Don't touch the face of the watch, it's flat black and shows every little thing (believe me, I know).

I'm not sure which movement you have in your 01-92, but if it's a 4813 (like mine), it's probably cheaper to replace than to fix (it's around $27 from Ofrei).

As you may have guessed, my B&R is dead and I have to replace the movement.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Edit -

I noticed that your 01-92 is more likely to have a 2836-2 movement. Ofrei sells the ETA 2836-2, but it may be cheaper to fix the one you have.

Edited by szvwj