When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

opinions Joshua pam 005

genius

I believe the CG should be brushed and the "Historic"/curved shape of the H series and newer Historic line. The crown is OK, but not great. The logo is a good size, but isn't slanted enough. Low crossbars on the "A"s, like most reps.

As good as it gets for a Fiver. DSN's is better in some ways and worse in others. Like with most reps, pick the one that has the flaws you can live with the easiest.

Unless you're going to be spending a lot of time with people who are watch enthusiasts (who happen to know their Panerai), I think its safe to say that it will pass as a gen to 99% of people out there :) It won't be questioned also because Panerai is a brand which many aren't familiar with.

Unless you're going to be spending a lot of time with people who are watch enthusiasts (who happen to know their Panerai), I think its safe to say that it will pass as a gen to 99% of people out there :) It won't be questioned also because Panerai is a brand which many aren't familiar with.

That is true of all reps, and you can add .999% to the percentage of people on earth who wouldn't know a $100 asian 21J automatic PAM 005 from a gen. I always assume when people ask about specific versions they want to know about all the differences between the rep and the gen. To peepshow's list I would add that the crown is too close to the case and I bet the AR is the typical instant-tell rep AR.

For some weird reason it seems to have a 48 teeth crown (instead of the correct 60 teeth) like the 036 Ti cases. I thought these crowns only appeared in the 036, not on stainless models.

Nope, based on the crown and CG, this would appear to be the same case set that Angus uses for his Ultimate 111E/001B. So, I would be on the look out for the "thick dial" issue that vaccum pointed out with the Ultimate 111E. Hopefully the factory is using a thin dial and there won't be any issues. *IF*, in fact, this is the same case as Angus' Ultimate.

FWIW, the 036 with this crown that Joshua and Ruby used to sell suffered from the same problem. It needed to use thinner than standard rep dials in order to fit the case properly.