When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carrera quartz

Sturb

Hi All,

I am now looking to get a cheap quartz rep (this hobby is getting expensive) and have been looking at the Carrera. I have found this rep on CQOut

Carrera quartz

I know the strap doesn't look too good but I can get it with the rubber strap. I am not very well up on my Tags so I thought I would let you guys rip this one apart to give me more of a clue :) I have bought a watch from Tony before so I am not worried about the dealer. I would be grateful to hear what you all think.

Thanks

Paul

Edited by Sturb

It's not a super rep by any stretch of the imagination, subdial issues, inaccurate tachymetre bezel, thick hour markers, case shape, dial printing...

I know you're looking for a cheap quartz, but if you like this watch I'd really recommend an auto. There are some really nice quartz reps out there, the Tag Heuer Golf for example.

It's not a super rep by any stretch of the imagination, subdial issues, inaccurate tachymetre bezel, thick hour markers, case shape, dial printing...

I know you're looking for a cheap quartz, but if you like this watch I'd really recommend an auto. There are some really nice quartz reps out there, the Tag Heuer Golf for example.

I do prefer the auto but obviously without laying out $250 plus I would only be left with faux chronos. I do intend to buy the 7750 in time but I think this might make a nice stop gap. Thanks for pointing out the issues with the watch, exactly the advice I was looking for.

Thanks

Paul