When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

47mm PAM with 26mm Steel Bracelet!

HammerTime

Below are some quick photos of my recently purchased 47mm homage Destro with a unique all brushed 26mm bracelet. The first two photos are from the vendor and show the polished/brushed bracelet. The others are my watch with the all brushed bracelet.

Some comments:

1. The watch itself is put together pretty nice, especially for the price. I have two other 47mm Fiddy family watches ( a 127 from Angus and a 127 from iOffer) and it holds up very well in comparison to those watches.

2. The crystal is mineral glass but it does have AR. Hands have good lume but lume for numerals is almost non-existent.

3. The watch has a glass back with Asian needle swan neck movement. Movement is similar in appearance to H-series movement with Cote de Geneve engravings. The movement winds as good as my Angus dagger swan neck. So far the watch is keeping excellent time.

4. After subtracting links from the bracelet to fit my wrist, I re-weighed the watch with bracelet and it weighs 210 grams (previously 225 grams). I did a have problem with a link screw that was in too tight and had to substitute it with a link from my spares pile.

5. The bracelet actually tapers from 26mm to about 22mm similar to the 24mm GEN metal bands which taper from 24mm to 22mm. Most after market metal bracelets for PAM (24mm) do not taper. The tapering bracelets, in my opinion, look more elegant while the non-tapering bracelets look more masculine.

6. I am a "righty" and this is my first Destro. I still wear the watch on my left wrist and find it a tad (just a tad) more comfortable than my "righty" 47mm. Mainly because the crown guard does not interfere with the back of my hand.

The watch is very attractive in person and with the all brushed bracelet is elegant and subdued (I find the polished/brushed bracelet a little too "blingy" sometimes). The 26mm metal bracelet is rare and offers a unique alternative for your 47mm PAM.

Regards HammerTime

post-9690-1209618975_thumb.jpg

post-9690-1209618999_thumb.jpg

post-9690-1209619053_thumb.jpg

post-9690-1209619706_thumb.jpg

post-9690-1209619717_thumb.jpg

Edited by HammerTime

Good idea MM. I'll try to get a wrist shot tomorrow.

Along with declaring your wrist's size, please. :)

Yes, not cheap but this bracelet was custom developed, is rare and unique. Also, there are leather bands that cost much more than this and they are not as rare or unique.

Plus it really does make a 47mm 1950 watch look good! I also have a 47mm PAM202 Slytech. I am thinking about putting the metal bracelet on that to see how it looks. If I do, I will post photos.

-HammerTime

@sssurfer et. al.,

My wrists are rather small: My left wrist is just a hair less than 7" and my right is 7 1/8 ". See wrist shot below.

I am thin framed at a little over 6' and about 175lbs. That was perfect wide receiver size when I played ball...many years ago. B)

post-9690-1209705977_thumb.jpg