When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pam196

poopypants

I'm not exactly sure which model you're referring to, but all PAM's have removable bezels. Some are just difficult to remove. Good luck.

maybe you should read the part where i mention PAM196 in the TOPIC and the part where i state 196 in the body of the thread?!?

to be more specific, i am working with an 7750 Version 1 - Old Style Case: PAM196

i think it was purchased back in the PAM Fiasco back in the ABAY days... if anyone can remember that ?!?!

Edited by poopypants

Guest Sql_pl

Haha you guys will really make him frustrated.

I understand from his original post he wants a two-tone SS/PVD 196 :) Not a PVD one :)

Even though yours looks great David.

@Poopy - wouldn't it be sad to waste an old cased 196 for a project like this? Remember not many of these are left around....

Haha you guys will really make him frustrated.

I understand from his original post he wants a two-tone SS/PVD 196 :) Not a PVD one :)

Even though yours looks great David.

@Poopy - wouldn't it be sad to waste an old cased 196 for a project like this? Remember not many of these are left around....

Yeah Poopy I think your project is a very cool sounding one but please don't use an old case 196 for this as they are realy tuff to find. I'm dying to get my hands on one for a 7753 project. Already have a 7753 sitting here for it and everything. Is it in decent shape and a candidate for a 7753 swap? I'd give you my newer version one to use.

I wanted to copy that exact watch you got there david... remember when i contacted you about the paint you used for the bezel numbers? Life took over and i forgot about it for a while...

Anyway, I got two of these old case 7750's... NEVER wear them... and after seeing that pic YET AGAIN i want to copy it...

However, i want to have the anthracite color and less texture to the coating... still not sure if that is even possible??

i was thinking of removing the bezel and doing something different... but everytime that PVD196 stares at me... i go into a trance... and the DAMN dirk strap is oh so sexy! lol

so, i think i MAY sandblast the entire thing and start from there... and if the look isnt pretty, i may just send it away to get PVD'd... who knows.?!?!

you guys got any ideas?

Edited by poopypants

Yeah Poopy I think your project is a very cool sounding one but please don't use an old case 196 for this as they are realy tuff to find. I'm dying to get my hands on one for a 7753 project. Already have a 7753 sitting here for it and everything. Is it in decent shape and a candidate for a 7753 swap? I'd give you my newer version one to use.

not sure you would want them one of these without the working date pusher... remember, the very first old case 7750 pusher was shaved down...

PP

not sure you would want them one of these without the working date pusher... remember, the very first old case 7750 pusher was shaved down...

PP

Hmm I'm still trying to figure out exactly which one I need to do a 7753 project. I scooped a Hamilton Aviation Chrono out of a pawnshop for $400. A steal for that watch with that movement. I almost hate to pull the mvt out as it's a nice gen watch but man 7753's are getting hard to find and pricey. What version exactly does everyone use for the 7753 based ones? From looking at the pics a few posts up a PVD'd Daylight does look pretty cool.

everyone i contact about doing the PVD, says that there are too many small parts on the 196 and they wont do it... but then i see davids and i know its possible...

i think rolli or ajoesmith can make this project possible.

i guess i want a full pvd. but i saw an Invicta model that had a mixture of different finishes on it... i thought keeping the bezel and crown guard polished, pvd the case and crown, and leaving the chrono pushers silver might make for a unique looking model... but now, i just don't know..

What version exactly does everyone use for the 7753 based ones?

same version as this, but they had a longer 'non shaved' / working date pusher... it was released shortly after these and were in the ballpark of 600-900 bucks at the time...

Edited by poopypants

@TA8088 I do have A THIRD 196 CASE ONLY...

the bad: One pusher is missing... however, you can use one from almost any 196 case out there...

the really bad: the holes that the CROWN GUARD screws go into, are stripped... came that way from the factory...

IF you know anyone that can fill and micro-tap the holes and find screws that resemble the CG screws... you can make it work...

EDIT: actually, i got the loupe out and it looks like the just forgot to tap the holes... pretty smooth walls inside those holes...

Edited by poopypants