When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai's '08 SIHH Offerings

UncleJay

I know this is a Rep forum, but some here also collect Gen and the models eventually are reped anyway. The feeling in the air is of disappointment when the subject of Panerai's '08 lineup is mentioned. Some would say that the watches are not for the average collector and that the bread and butter pieces were not addressed. I would tend to agree, but let's not get upset until Jan'09. SIHH has been moved to January, so SIHH '09 is only 5 months away. I see some regular models on the horizon. Here are some of what I'd like to see, what would you like?

Mare Nostrum Collection:

44mm SS case with in-house movement. Comes in special locking Pre-V style box and 2 straps (shark and Kodiak) with current style buckle.

PAM0016 44mm SS case with blue dial white hands and Tan Kodiac/blue Shark straps

PAM0017 44mm SS case with white dial black hands and black Kodiac/black Shark straps

PAM0018 44mm SS case with black dial steel hands and tan Kodiac/brown Shark straps

PAM0020 44mm Ti case with Tobacco dial brass hands and brown Kodiac/khaki Shark straps

Historic "Logo" Edition Luminors:

44mm case with "Logo" sandwich dial (printed like the 201/A not the 0000)

PAM201/A 44mm SS case with Tobacco "Logo" dial gold hands and Tan Kodiak/Khaki straps

PAM0019 44mm ceramic case with black "Logo" dial gold hands and brown Kodiak/Khaki Shark straps

The Limited Edition Relic Marina (edition of 200):

44mm dark gray ceramic case with non-sandwich vintage lumed dial and matching hands

PAM0204 ceramic case with black dial and hands. Brown Kodiak/Khaki Shark straps with ceramic buckles

I would love to see some Historic models that use the in-house movement that are base or only the seconds at 9 complication. I'm just afraid of what using the new movement would do to the already climbing prices of the "entry-level" PAMs. :(

I think every single one of the models you listed sounds better than 99% of the models debuted this year. The 026 re-issue is a home run, though.