When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster "moon Watch" (wrong)

dlgates

(These are old photo reviews rescued from the original RWG site; I didn't want them to get lost forever! Old hands will already have seen them; some newbies might be interested.-- Dave)

Omega Speedmaster "Moon Watch"

Received from Abay 3 September 2004

SS with black bezel and white dial; case back with usual NASA inscription. Asian movement.

Diameter without crown: 40mm. Actual subdial functions: day, date, 24-hour.

Here is how the watch originally looked. It came with what was called a "brown" strap but what was actually one of those typical, poorly croc-printed straps that is very nearly red in colour. Abay discontinued offering this particular watch shortly after I bought it. It had been incorrectly listed as a Broad Arrow but obviously was not, from the pictures. Neither should it have been termed a "moon watch" since it is not. I liked the appearance of the watch itself and had wanted a "Moon Watch" caseback to show some younger space-related friends who had not been around during those days. But for some reason I was never inclined to put it on and wear it. It was a long time before I realized that its appearance was quite ruined by the strap...

74566-31824.jpg

Voilá! I very recently installed a nice black strap with Omega deployant, and suddenly this has qualified as one of my daily beaters! The white stitching on the black strap also complements perfectly the watch's bezel. I think it made all the difference in the world and its 40mm size is for me almost perfect:

74566-31825.jpg

74566-31826.jpg

74566-31827.jpg

THE END

Thanks for looking!

Dave

Nice review and a good-looking watch, even though I belive that "white hands on white dial" might not be ideal for easy readability during space missions.. :D

This is the usual Asian Automatic movement??

• 4 weeks later...

It is the "moon watch" but a real mmon watch is "black" face etc. but everyone knows that. I bought 2x Moons/Lemania from Joshua, had pins put in for the band and picked up a NATO watchband....it looks Awesome...however...the watch doesn't always keep time, even when wound...and it must be wound a lot. I'd love to see it in "automatic" which is available through some channels except the face has numbers around the dial which, in my book, throws the accurracy of the watch way off. This one doesn't have that, and seems to have automatic movement....hmmm, do they have it in black>?

(These are old photo reviews rescued from the original RWG site; I didn't want them to get lost forever! Old hands will already have seen them; some newbies might be interested.-- Dave)

Omega Speedmaster "Moon Watch"

Received from Abay 3 September 2004

SS with black bezel and white dial; case back with usual NASA inscription. Asian movement.

Diameter without crown: 40mm. Actual subdial functions: day, date, 24-hour.

Here is how the watch originally looked. It came with what was called a "brown" strap but what was actually one of those typical, poorly croc-printed straps that is very nearly red in colour. Abay discontinued offering this particular watch shortly after I bought it. It had been incorrectly listed as a Broad Arrow but obviously was not, from the pictures. Neither should it have been termed a "moon watch" since it is not. I liked the appearance of the watch itself and had wanted a "Moon Watch" caseback to show some younger space-related friends who had not been around during those days. But for some reason I was never inclined to put it on and wear it. It was a long time before I realized that its appearance was quite ruined by the strap...

89237-28678.jpg

Voilá! I very recently installed a nice black strap with Omega deployant, and suddenly this has qualified as one of my daily beaters! The white stitching on the black strap also complements perfectly the watch's bezel. I think it made all the difference in the world and its 40mm size is for me almost perfect:

89237-28679.jpg

89237-28680.jpg

89237-28681.jpg

THE END

Thanks for looking!

Dave