When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What can brown do for you?

stilty

I'll tell you what they can do! Nail you with crazy broker fees!

I'm sure most of you know this already. At least my Canadian friends. UPS is the worst courier out there. period.

So I order a part from a seller, one that I've never dealt with before, so he doesn't know any better. But he ships it to me via UPS. The part is only $50.00.

Package arrives. The driver says COD please. $53.41. I look at it. Refuse it, and call UPS. First off, they rounded it up to a $100 value. BS. Then they want $41.00 to broker it. even more BS. I ask if I can broker it myself. They say sure. It will take a day or two for them to get the paperwork ready. Four days go by, still no paperwork, so I decide to go down and get it. No explanation why they didn't call me or why it wasn't ready. I wait 20 minutes and finally get the paperwork. Off to Canada customs, wait another 20 minutes. Luckily I brought a copy of my PP receipt to show the actual value of the part. They clear it no problem, and I only pay $6.13. Normally I get packages via USPS or HK Post, with values of $100 or more and I never get dinged. But since I was there, I guess they had to charge me something.

$6.13 vs $53.41. Was it worth the hassle? Probably not. A total of 2+ hours of my time to get a $50 part. I could have saved the time and paid the fees. But it really shows you how much they are ripping people off by clearing their packages for them.

I feel sorry for the poor folks that do not have a UPS office or Canada Customs office nearby as you would have no choice but to pay the stupid UPS broker fee.

The next time I buy something from a new seller, I will include in the payment comment. *DO NOT SHIP UPS*

Sorry, I just had to rant!

I feel you. Always have bad history with them.

And now, Homer sent me that nice Tourby watch by UPS.. Marking is as a gift with low value.. What is the tracking show today ?

A HOLD HAS BEEN REQUESTED. PAYMENT MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO RELEASE / THE RECEIVER HAS AGREED TO ACCEPT THE DELIVERY CHARGES

Now I'm scared to death to see how much they will ask.

And I'm not talking about the fact I should have received it today and the tracking is acting like he have no clue where it is (go from Canada, to US, to Canada, to custom, to airport, to custom again, to airport once again, to ups, to us, to airport again and again.. argggg...)

edit: here is a printscreen. it's too funny :p Watch is back to the airport !

post-947-1210296151_thumb.jpg

Edited by vric

• 1 month later...

OH, and I hate those B@STARDS even more now! I just received a bill in the mail from them for Broker Fees and Duty!

We received a gift basket from my aunt when our son was born. It came from the US. Funny thing is, the driver didn't ask for any COD payment or anything, just left it at the door. Now I get a bill from UPS looking for payment. They can screw off. I'm not paying it. I didn't order it, there is no proof I ordered it, so if they want funds, they can go after the shipper. It is not my problem.