When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Bracelet and etc..

yim156

My girl become more interested in her Rolex DJ and come up with tons of question which I can not provide answers.

Well, I am newbie.

To make it interesting for you to answer, I put one gift for the first person who help me with all the answers. It is a 4Copper I sell on eBay. Just click the link below to see it.

If you interested in Headphone and stuffs, you may consider this offer is useful. If notou may prefer not to take it but it will be nothing else give.

Okay, Lets the quiz begin.

1. Which year Rolex change there bracelet style from A to B?

2. Where to find replacement clasp of A?

q1.jpg

3. Which year Rolex begin to put Rolex engrave on the rehaut?

4. How accurate of this watch?

DSC05156.jpg

Just add,

5. The crystal do not have crown on it. Is it possible to get new one to replace and where to get it?

Thank for all answers.

Edited by yim156

Hi

I don't know which year Rolex started using the "Presidential" bracelet on ladies models (style B ), but I think they always offered both the "Jubillee" style (style A) as well as the Presidential on ladies models concurrently for a while now.

The RolexRolex engraving on the rehaut started on 2006 models I beleive. The model you show looks pretty accurate, although it would help with a straight on shot. Knowing that Rolex makes many different configurations including custom dials, the model you pictured looks very covincing IMO. Hope this helps.

OOppp.... Sorry, my bad.

In the picture, I just meant to clasp, not the whole bracelet.

I will change new image for 1-2, and add more image for 3-4 tonight.

BTW, thank you for answers from Southcoast68.

Edited by yim156

The clasp is different on the Jubilee and the president bracelet so the ones you sow are accurate for their respective bracelet.

Rolex introduced the RolexRolex rehaut engraving on the Datejust at Basel in 2004 according to John Holbrook.

1. The rolster clasp was added to the jubilee bracelet around 2006

2. Ebay is a good source for a genuine clasp. Replica dealers still have these bracelets but, I doubt if they will sell the clasp alone. I don't think that a SS

jubilee lady's replica bracelet is expensive.

3. Production of engraved rehaut began about 2005-2006

4. I am not very familar with lady's datejust models. However, it looks good to my uneducated eye.

5. Your only chance to obtain a new crystal with etched crown will be from the collector who sold you the watch. The etched crown is very small and you will

propably need a loupe to see it.

The Rolex hidden jubilee band actually was sold in AD sometime in 2006. It might have been presented to the public before that, but it actually reached the ADs in the US in 2006. The rehaunt engraving started in late 2006 and early 2007 for US dealers. You can get a spare clasp from Silix and he can also get you a new crystal. The new style band is more desirable for most people, but it is actually only 12mm vs. the previous jubilee with the visable clasp at 13mm.

For the accuracy, the dial has nice printing, but the hour markers are too large and not close enough to the edge of the dial. Also the engraved crown at 12 o'clock is not centered per the printed roman 12 printing. Also the engraved "Rolex" directly next to the engraved crown at 12(to the right) has a spacing issue between the e and x. These are common problems on the ladies DJ. If it has the ETA movement, it is a great watch with the 2671. The china movement is not bad in the ladies DJ either, but they usually run about 2 min a day fast.

My lady is crazy about the Rolex DJ, so I have bought many over the years. (maybe 25+!)

I hope this info helps. This all comes from experience and not from reference books!

The engraved inner bezel (rehaut) was first employed on the Air King and no date Submariner in 2004. Production of the engraved inner bezels for other models gradually appeared through out 2005. By 2006 the entire Rolex line had been converted to the engraved inner bezel.