When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little frustrated after just seeing the new DSN 026 post

If the timing of this offering is supposed to coincide with the new 026 unveiled at SIHH 2008, which I think this rep is supposed to be, then its laziness IMHO. The new PAM026 sandwich dial (orignial 026 painted) has Pre-V numerals, which struck me as downright awesome when I saw the SIHH 2008 PAM pics. I am not a PAM expert to point out other flaws, but the sandwich and numerals had me really jazzed when I saw DSNs posting....until I saw the first DSN pic. It just looks like DSN took a destro sandwich dial, first available PVD cases and declared this as the 'new' 026 rep. Its a really nice watch, dont get me wrong. But doesnt it seem like the process/art of 'replicating' has gone out the window...and now its like old (or maybe spare) parts are being thrown together for us to buy? I dont think ADs will have the real thing until this summer, but DSN has it repped in 2 weeks? I just can't consider this watch if there's no effort to keep up with Panerai's interesting changes. And the font appears worse too. Did Panerai alter that for '08 a little bit as well?

PS- This isnt to further the DSN QC complaint line as of late. I have a few DSNs and I have been quite pleased.