When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 111h rep crown guard comes out

dopexile

Hey there everyone, I recently bought a 111h from silix-watch.com. I love the watch, it is really nice, but unfortunately the crown guard cover that slides in and out keeps coming out. The pin that is attaching it to the watch comes out with ease. I am considering getting some locktite or super glue so that the pin will stay in... but I wonder if any of you have had any better ideas regarding this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I guess what you can do about it depends on whether the pin is to small or the hole is stretched out.

If the pin is just to small you could probably ask silix to source a proper pin for you. However if the hole is stretched out, you need to source bigger pin yourself or ask silix to provide a new crownguard.

If you use superglue there is a big chance that you will glue the lever in place and wont be able to open it again I guess. Also not sure about how good the loctite will work.

Good luck.

I guess what you can do about it depends on whether the pin is to small or the hole is stretched out.

If the pin is just to small you could probably ask silix to source a proper pin for you. However if the hole is stretched out, you need to source bigger pin yourself or ask silix to provide a new crownguard.

If you use superglue there is a big chance that you will glue the lever in place and wont be able to open it again I guess. Also not sure about how good the loctite will work.

Good luck.

If using superglue/Cyanacrylate glue you should wax the pin before fixing it. That should prevent the pin from getting stuck.

Edited by Fish

I have it unclear what we are talking of, whether the lever pin (the pin keeping the lever in its place on the crown guard) or a crown guard screw.

If it's the lever pin, what you have there is a great chance to get the floppy-lever-in-open-position issue fixed at the same time of your problem.

Just use an elastic, rubber-like glue -- like silicon or diving suit glue -- instead of cyanacrylic glue.

If the clearance between the pin and its hole is really large, you might even go for the best possible fix, i.e. being able to put a small piece of electric insulant wire (electric wire with the copper threads removed) around the pin. In this case, no glue is needed.

Being the floppy-lever-in-open-position the easiest way to tell a PAM rep, it might be worth to try and fix it. :D