When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best tool for changing links and leather straps ?

Spy

You need a springbar tool with both the wide fork, and narrow fork (3mm and 1mm I think)...and some toothpicks (no joke)...the pointy round ones...not the flat ones.

A Bergeon 6111 or equivalent is good. I have one of these:

Lonestar Watches Accessories

...as well as a generic cheapo springbar tool with a busted pin end (the busted end works great for pushing small buttons and holding the position of compressed springbars).

These are definitely tools you should not go without if you are going to stick in the game for any length of time.

You can get the same from any of the other watch tool suppliers in the EU...can't remember their names...search for tools on this site and you should find what you need.

You need a springbar tool with both the wide fork, and narrow fork (3mm and 1mm I think)...and some toothpicks (no joke)...the pointy round ones...not the flat ones.

A Bergeon 6111 or equivalent is good. I have one of these:

Lonestar Watches Accessories

...as well as a generic cheapo springbar tool with a busted pin end (the busted end works great for pushing small buttons and holding the position of compressed springbars).

These are definitely tools you should not go without if you are going to stick in the game for any length of time.

You can get the same from any of the other watch tool suppliers in the EU...can't remember their names...search for tools on this site and you should find what you need.

Thanks Toad.

In the jewellers, they had some kind of block on which they placed the metal bracelet and then used a thin tool with a hammer to bang the pin out of the bracelet. I think because it was really stiff.

Given that, is the Bergeon style the right type of tool, particularly if the pin needs force ?

Thanks Toad.

In the jewellers, they had some kind of block on which they placed the metal bracelet and then used a thin tool with a hammer to bang the pin out of the bracelet. I think because it was really stiff.

Given that, is the Bergeon style the right type of tool, particularly if the pin needs force ?

I was thinking springbars. The Bergeon tool has a pin pusher...but for pins, I use a bracelet pin press:

International Watchman

I have the bracelet pin link remover as above...Others use the plier type...