When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just when you thought it was safe to enter the water again... Shark strap attacks!

rcrscom

Found some shark skin at Tandy the other day, so I figured what the hell and picked up a hide... A little tougher to work with than regular leather, but I think the outcome is well worth the effort! I doubt I will stitch this one, as the stitching would only distract from the texture of the hide IMO. I used suede for the backing on this one for comfort, and will report back in the coming weeks as to how it wears out in the real world. Took a few shots with and without flash to try and capture the texture as best as possible. As always, critiques and criticisms welcome!

DSC02032.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

rcr, i'm really impressed, that is a very nice looking strap. i am wondering how well you think it will hold up without the stitching? i think that strap could be an interesting match up with a tuxedo faced pam 29... oh look :rolleyes: , i happen to have a tuxedo faced pam 29 (hint, hint). Thanks for sharing the pics, keep us posted!

rcr, i'm really impressed, that is a very nice looking strap. i am wondering how well you think it will hold up without the stitching? i think that strap could be an interesting match up with a tuxedo faced pam 29... oh look :rolleyes: , i happen to have a tuxedo faced pam 29 (hint, hint). Thanks for sharing the pics, keep us posted!

haha I was actually thinking that this morning! I'll have to mount it to mine today when I get off work and snap some pics... Thanks for the compliments!