When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6497 Ticking is annoying :)

boncovi

I received the 6497 asian swan neck today from mail.

I winded it, everything is great, the movement is amazing (for me hehe)

now its 22.45 and in the dark, silent room, the noise of the ticking movement is annoying, it just doesn't stop

I hope the case isolates it when I put the watch together, otherwise sleepless nights await me

I love this phenomenon. Back in Poland I used to sleep beside this big Russian wind-up alarm clock. The thing could be heard down the hall... ticking away. I found it so soothing, just a mechanical doo-dad doing its job. Granted, it was a little uncomfortable the first few nights, but the key for me was not trying to tune it out but to listen and pay attention to the ticks. As soon as I started incorporating the noises I heard around me into my imagination falling asleep become a gateway into experiencing some really vivid and memorable dreams. Just last night I had a pretty fascinating dream... it was so real it's like I was there.

The human mind is such a masterpiece. My job often requires me to memorize verbatim text, and most of the time the pages I know quickly fade away after I stop practicing them. But sometimes, even months after long forgetting something, I can "read" it perfectly on the "page" in my dream. Like seeing a photo.

Other times (rarely) I get lucid dreams. These are my favorite. Oh You wouldn't believe how these things can improve your life. There is nothing like waking up from having done the impossible.

How did I get talking about this? It's 11:21 PM and that is my cue to exit, before I say anything more dumb!!

My girlfriend woke up in middle of the night saying "Shut the watch up, it is too noisy!!" :akuma:

So I just simply replied "Sorry, I can't" and turned to my PAM and wind it. :band1:

I used to have one 6497 movement outside the watch next to my pillow. It was even noisier than the one in watch.

She almost kill me at that time. :stretcher:

My girlfriend woke up in middle of the night saying "Shut the watch up, it is too noisy!!" :akuma:

So I just simply replied "Sorry, I can't" and turned to my PAM and wind it. :band1:

I used to have one 6497 movement outside the watch next to my pillow. It was even noisier than the one in watch.

She almost kill me at that time. :stretcher:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: